Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) helps Canadians meet their housing needs. As Canada's authority on housing, we contribute to the stability of the housing market and financial system, provide support for Canadians in housing need, and offer objective housing research and advice to Canadian governments, consumers and the housing industry. Prudent risk management, strong corporate governance and transparency are cornerstones of our operations. Our work matters to a great many people and our employees matter to us.
Are you a stickler for details? Do you thrive on being the hub of the action? Are you interested launching your career, while learning about the inner workings of human resources, affordable housing, or policy and research?
Bring your exceptional organizational skills and administrative expertise to severals administrative positions:
These permanent full time positions are an exceptional opportunity for an organized and efficient team player to expand his or her career within Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC), an organization where you are valued and respected, recognized for your contributions and that is committed to providing a work environment where you are inspired to make a difference.
The intent of this advertisement is to identify and assess qualified candidates to staff both current and future permanent and contract positions in various divisions. We are currently accepting applications within various departments of CMHC at our National Office located in Ottawa, or in one of our regional offices.
How You Will Be Contributing
- Coordinating and providing general administrative services including but not limited to: maintaining the meeting calendar; adjusting the schedule to accommodate shifting priorities; monitoring and maintaining status on all incoming and outgoing correspondence, booking meeting rooms; maintaining all file management; ordering office supplies; and coordinating IT and translation requests, etc.
- Researching, prioritizing and following-up on multiple incoming issues and concerns addressed to the Manager, including those of a sensitive and/or confidential nature.
- Arranging training and travel arrangements (including accommodation).
- Organizing meetings including agendas, catering, coordinating audio visual and technical requirements, preparing minutes, collecting and disseminating background materials.
- Tracking progress on Team's work-plans and activities.
- Preparing and updating reports, tables, charts, briefing materials and presentations as required.
- Maintaining an accurate up-to-date record for the group's operating budget and expenditures.
What We Are Looking For
- High school diploma with a minimum of to (2) years of relevant work experience in an administrative level position OR an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
- Demonstrated experience in providing administrative and office support services to Management.
- Demonstrated experience in budget planning and management.
- Knowledge of administration practices, including file management, office procedures and logistics.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and the ability to undertake and complete multiple concurrent tasks with strong attention to detail.
- Sound analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to speak and write clearly, succinctly and persuasively with/for a variety of audiences;
- Ability to build and maintain strong business relationships.
- High level of interpersonal skills (tact, judgement, diplomacy);
- Experience in project coordination.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, as well as part of a team.
What CMHC Has To Offer
- Competitive Total Compensation package
- Competitive Annual Salary
- Comprehensive flex benefit program
- Defined Benefit Pension Plan
- Eligibility for Performance Bonuses
- In-house learning and development opportunities
- Career Growth Opportunities
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
- New Hire Mentorship Program
- Various onsite amenities
This job posting will be active until 11:59 pm EST on September 30, 2018, however, the competition may remain active until a successful candidate has been chosen.
- Please note that candidates may be considered for similar positions in other sectors of the corporation within the next 6-months.
- Your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the requirements as CMHC cannot make assumptions about your education and experience.
- Selected candidates may be required to do a presentation or assessment as part of the interview. If so, they will be advised in advance. In the event that tests are administered, candidates will also be advised in advance.
- We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest, however, please note that only those applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted.
- If selected for an interview or testing, please advise us if you require an accommodation.
- Candidates who do not meet all of the position requirements may be considered in an under-fill capacity, in which case the person will be hired at a lower level than the position level.
- All applications submitted to this competition will be kept for a six (6) month period and may be considered for future related vacancies at CMHC.
- Candidates must be eligible for Reliability Clearance.
- Second Language Proficiency levels are defined as follows:
- A = Beginner Level
- B = Intermediate Level
- C = Advanced Level
- E = Exempt
- P = Specific Language Skills
CMHC is an employer that values diversity and encourages the learning and use of both Canada's official languages. CMHC is committed to employment equity and actively encourages application from women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities