CMHC: Because What I Do Matters
Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) helps Canadians meet their housing needs. As Canada's authority on housing, we contribute to the stability of the housing market and financial system, provide support for Canadians in housing need, and offer unbiased housing research and advice to Canadian governments, consumers and the housing industry. Prudent risk management, strong corporate governance and transparency are cornerstones of our operations.
Bring your exceptional organizational skills and administrative expertise to this Administrative Assistant position in Ottawa.
This permanent full time position is an exceptional opportunity for an organized and interpersonal individual to achieve his/her professional goals, while creating a sustainable organization that is at the heart of a world leading housing system. You will assist with coordination and prioritization of the day-to-day operations of the Housing Needs team, while providing diversified administrative and office support to management and other members of the Sector.
You Will Be Contributing by:
- Coordinating and providing general administrative services including but not limited to: maintaining the meeting calendar; adjusting the schedule to accommodate shifting priorities; monitoring and maintaining status on all incoming and outgoing correspondence, booking meeting rooms; maintaining all file management; ordering office supplies; and coordinating IT and translation requests, etc.
- Researching, prioritizing and following-up on multiple incoming issues and concerns addressed to the Manager, including those of a sensitive and/or confidential nature.
- Arranging training and travel arrangements (including accommodation).
- Organizing meetings including agendas, catering, coordinating audio visual and technical requirements, preparing minutes, collecting and disseminating background materials.
- Tracking progress on Team's work-plans and activities.
- Preparing and updating reports, tables, charts, briefing materials and presentations as required.
- Maintaining an accurate up-to-date record for the group's operating budget and expenditures.
What We Are Looking For
- Commitment to CMHC values.
- College diploma/certificate in Office Management or Administration, with a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience or an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience;
- Demonstrated experience in providing administrative and office support services to Management.
- Demonstrated experience in budget planning and management.
- Knowledge of administration practices, including file management, office procedures and logistics.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and the ability to undertake and complete multiple concurrent tasks with strong attention to detail.
- Sound analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to speak and write clearly, succinctly and persuasively with/for a variety of audiences;
- Ability to build and maintain strong business relationships.
- High level of interpersonal skills (tact, judgement, diplomacy);
- Experience in project coordination.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, as well as part of a team.
Client focus/ Innovation/ Valuing and Respecting Individuals.
Analytical Thinking / Commitment to Official Languages / Communication (Presenting and Influencing) / Efficiency / Flexibility / Focus on Results / Maximizing Quality / Organizational Know-How and Awareness / Political and Cultural Sensitivity / Relationship Building / Teamwork.
This job posting will be active until 11:59 pm EST on April 22, 2018, however the competition may remain active until successful candidate has been chosen.
What CMHC Has To Offer
- Competitive Total Compensation package
- Competitive Annual Salary
- Eligibility for Performance Bonuses
- Defined Benefit Pension Plan
- In-house learning and development opportunities
- Career Growth Opportunities
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
- New Hire Mentorship Program
- Various onsite amenities
- We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest, however, please note that only those applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted. If selected for an interview, please advise us if you require an accommodation.
- This position requires bilingualism in English and French, with the ability to read, write and speak in your second official language at an advanced level at an intermediate/ level.
- Candidates who do not currently have valid language test results recognised by CMHC will be required to take a language test. https://www.cmhc-schl.gc.ca/en/corp/ca/upload/guide-second-laguage-proficiency-tests.pdf
- Selected candidates may be required to do a presentation or assessment as part of the interview. If so, they will be advised in advance. In the event that tests are administered, candidates will also be advised in advance.
- Candidates must be eligible for Secret Clearance.