Job Requisition ID: 1523
Primary Location: Montreal , Quebec
Sector: Assisted Housing
Language Designation: Bilingual
Language Skill Levels (Read/Write/Speak): BBB
Salary Range: $46436 to $ 58045
Position Status: Temporary Full Time
Security Requirement: Reliability Status
Travel Requirement: Occasional Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) helps Canadians meet their housing needs. As Canada's authority on housing, we contribute to the stability of the housing market and financial system, provide support for Canadians in housing need, and offer objective housing research and advice to Canadian governments, consumers and the housing industry. Prudent risk management, strong corporate governance and transparency are cornerstones of our operations. Our work matters to a great many people and our employees matter to us.
Bring your communication skills and your client service expertise to this Administrator position in Montreal.
As a member of the Affordable Housing team, you will be accountable for the administration of the delivery of Affordable Housing activities within the Region such as CMHC training, capacity development as well as for the coordination of procurement, tracking & monitoring of activities and the logistics of training events.
How You Will Be Contributing
- Supporting the tracking and monitoring of the Seed Funding Information Transfer budget, communications, expenditures, contracts and quarterly reporting of activities to the Regional Manager and Affordable Housing team.
- Researching and administering the procurement requirements for training, capacity development and awareness activities including training services and venues.
- Conducting analysis to determine the most cost-effective method of delivering promotional events while maintaining an event database to track the participation and success measures of the events.
- Responsible for the logistics of workshops and conferences, and ensuring the necessary follow-up to the activities.
- Coordinating and working with partners to establish individual and group initiatives that support the training, education and skills development with regards to project development, facilitation of partnership, municipal tool kits.
- Preparing educational content material for workshops, meetings and conferences.
- Coordinating the collection of statistical data and trainer reports related to skills development and monitoring reports.
- Assisting with lead generation, answering calls from clients, providing information on programs.
- Ensuring thoroughness, accuracy and that designated practices are followed when authorizing the disbursement of Seed and PDF funds to housing proponents within deadlines.
- Completing the quarterly and annual accrual processes.
- Developing and delivering presentations, up to date reporting and client letters (which may include Mortgage Renewals, Indexation, Capital Replacement Planning, CMHC Inspection, Budget, Confirmation of Federal Subsidies, LEM, financial statements and the end of the operating agreements.)
- Supporting the data entry accuracy for compliance to policies and guidelines with Mortgage Renewals, Physical Inspections and Financial Statements.
- Identifying opportunities for improving processes and implementing improvements.
- Taking charge of filing and archiving corporate records.
What We Are Looking For
- Diploma or Certificate in Office Administration or a related field and a minimum one year demonstrated administrative experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated experience coordinating events and/or training sessions.
- Demonstrated experience with procurement processes.
- Demonstrated experience in data entry and filing.
- Demonstrated experience working with databases.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple concurrent priorities.
- Demonstrated independence and initiative.
- General knowledge of CMHC Affordable Housing programs and policies.
- Strong client focus, project management and communication skills required.
- Political and cultural sensitivity with knowledge of the Affordable Housing Centre, the clients and stakeholders.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Knowledge in SAS-EG and ACCESS would be an asset.
The employee must strive to live all of CMHC's values, particularly the following:
- Be an owner
- Amaze our clients
- Ask "why?"
Client Focus/ Innovation/ Valuing and Respecting Individuals
Analytical Thinking/Efficiency/Focus on Results/Maximizing Quality/Political and Cultural Sensitivity/Teamwork
What CMHC Has To Offer
- Competitive Total Compensation package
- Competitive Annual Salary
- Comprehensive flex benefit program
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan
- Eligibility for Performance Bonuses
- In-house learning and development opportunities
- Career Growth Opportunities
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
- Various onsite amenities
This job posting will be active until 11:59 pm EST on August 29th 2017 , however, the competition may remain active until a successful candidate has been chosen.
- Your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the requirements as CMHC cannot make assumptions about your education and experience.
- Selected candidates may be required to do a presentation or assessment as part of the interview. If so, they will be advised in advance. In the event that tests are administered, candidates will also be advised in advance.
- We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest, however, please note that only those applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted.
- If selected for an interview or testing, please advise us if you require an accommodation.
- Candidates who do not meet all of the position requirements may be considered in an under-fill capacity, in which case the person will be hired at a lower level than the position level.
- All applications submitted to this competition will be kept for a six (6) month period and may be considered for future related vacancies at CMHC.
- Candidates must be eligible for Reliability Clearance.
- Second Language Proficiency levels are defined as follows:
- A = Beginner Level
- B = Intermediate Level
- C = Advanced Level
- E = Exempt
- P = Specific Language Skills
CMHC is an employer that values diversity and encourages the learning and use of both Canada's official languages. CMHC is committed to employment equity and actively encourages application from women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities