Account Representative, First Nations Housing
Job Requisition ID: 2405
Primary Location: Edmonton , Alberta
Other Location(s): Winnipeg or Saskatoon
Sector: Assisted Housing
Language Designation: English Essential
Language Skill Levels (Read/Write/Speak): ZZZ
Salary Range: $46436 to $ 58045
Position Status: Temporary Full Time
Security Requirement: Reliability Status
Travel Requirement: Occasional Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) helps Canadians meet their housing needs. As Canada's authority on housing, we contribute to the stability of the housing market and financial system, provide support for Canadians in housing need, and offer objective housing research and advice to Canadian governments, consumers and the housing industry. Prudent risk management, strong corporate governance and transparency are cornerstones of our operations. Our work matters to a great many people and our employees matter to us.
Bring your relationship management expertise and analysis and reporting skills to this position in Edmonton.
As a member of the First Nation Housing team, you will be responsible for the administrative activities of the CMHC First Nation Housing Renovation Programs. You will be required to provide advice and support to both internal and external CMHC clients.
How You Will Be Contributing
- Taking the lead role for the effective and efficient administration of the suite of Renovation Programs to rehabilitate substandard housing and modify homes for persons with disabilities and seniors.
- Supporting the First Nation Housing team in the tracking and monitoring of program files;
- Working in collaboration with the First Nation Housing team to ensure thoroughness, accuracy and that designated practices are followed when authorizing the disbursement of funds to First Nations Supporting the First Nation Housing Team by completing the quarterly and annual accrual processes;
- Actively participating in new loan origination, progress advances and the loan review process;
- Participating in internal processes involving performance monitoring and quality assurance, by reviewing work and submitting detailed reports as required;
- Exercising prudence and due diligence to ensure compliance with all relevant internal policies and procedures applicable to the function;
- Managing relationships with clients in your portfolio by maintaining visibility, a comprehensive understanding of your client's needs;
- Managing the coordination of an extensive number of action items and decisions and following-up with the Management Team to ensure that appropriate actions are taken.
What We Are Looking For
- A commitment to demonstrating CMHC values;
- Undergraduate degree in a relevant field such as business, finance or commerce Diploma or Certificate in Office Administration or a related field and a minimum of 1 year relevant work experience OR an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain client relationships;
- Excellent interpersonal (tact and diplomacy) skills including the ability to persuade others;
- Demonstrated experience in managing within a program and/or policy context;
- Demonstrated organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple concurrent priorities
- Strong client focus and communication skills;
- Demonstrated analytical and project management skills;
- Political and cultural sensitivity, specifically possessing a solid knowledge of First Nation culture and traditions;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
Client Focus/ Innovation/ Valuing and Respecting Individuals
Analytical Thinking/ Efficiency/ Focus on Results/ Maximizing Quality/ Political and Cultural Sensitivity/ Teamwork/Communication (Presenting and Influencing)
What CMHC Has To Offer
- Competitive Total Compensation package
- Competitive Annual Salary
- Comprehensive flex benefit program
- Defined Benefit Pension Plan
- Eligibility for Performance Bonuses
- In-house learning and development opportunities
- Career Growth Opportunities
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
- Various onsite amenities
This job posting will be active until 11:59 pm Eastern Time on October 19th 2018 , however, the competition may remain active until a successful candidate has been chosen.
- Your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the requirements as CMHC cannot make assumptions about your education and experience.
- Selected candidates may be required to do a presentation or assessment as part of the interview. If so, they will be advised in advance. In the event that tests are administered, candidates will also be advised in advance.
- We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest, however, please note that only those applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted.
- If selected for an interview or testing, please advise us if you require an accommodation.
- Candidates who do not meet all of the position requirements may be considered in an under-fill capacity, in which case the person will be hired at a lower level than the position level.
- All applications submitted to this competition will be kept for a six (6) month period and may be considered for future related vacancies at CMHC.
- Candidates must be eligible for Reliability Clearance.
- Second Language Proficiency levels are defined as follows:
- A = Beginner Level
- B = Intermediate Level
- C = Advanced Level
- E = Exempt
- P = Specific Language Skills
CMHC is an employer that values diversity and encourages the learning and use of both Canada's official languages. CMHC is committed to employment equity and actively encourages application from women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities