Account Representative, Client Relations
Travel Requirement: Frequent Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) helps Canadians meet their housing needs. As Canada's authority on housing, we contribute to the stability of the housing market and financial system, provide support for Canadians in housing need, and offer objective housing research and advice to Canadian governments, consumers and the housing industry. Prudent risk management, strong corporate governance and transparency are cornerstones of our operations. Our work matters to a great many people and our employees matter to us.
Bring your communication skills and your relationship building expertise to this position which covers Nova Scotia.
This 18 months, full-time position is an exceptional opportunity to become a member of the Client Relations team where you will promote and provide training and relevant information on mortgage loan insurance products and services, while developing and maintaining effective business relationships with CMHC's clients and stakeholders (primarily mortgage lenders and brokers, as well as realtors, builders and consumers) within your assigned portfolio.
You will be travelling across Nova Scotia on a consistent basis.
How You Will Be Contributing
- Developing and maintaining strong ties and long-term relationships with clients and recognizing business opportunities.
- Analyzing and synthesizing a wide variety of information, such as volume reports, client activity profiles and market analysis data, to develop and execute sales strategies to promote CMHC mortgage loan insurance within a diversified portfolio or territory of lender and broker clients.
- Being an expert source of information on CMHC's products, services and training material.
- Managing the relationship with clients in your portfolio by maintaining visibility, a comprehensive understanding of your client and their needs and through the provision of value-added training and business development initiatives.
- Delivering presentations and training to clients and their partners and participating in training and information activities as part of strategic client support.
- Managing your time, activities and resources (budget and other) through thorough planning and appropriate record keeping to ensure optimum client service and efficiency.
- Effectively executing the objectives within the national and regional plans and achieving the specific objectives outlined for your market area.
What We Are Looking For
- A commitment to demonstrating CMHC values.
- Bachelor's degree in administration, preferably with a specialization in commerce or marketing, and at least three (3) years of relevant experience or an equivalent combination of education and relevant work experience.
- Demonstrated experience in communicating information (including formal presentations) to various audiences.
- Strong knowledge of all aspects of the Real Estate Secured Lending loan life cycle.
- Demonstrated experience conducting training needs analysis and creating training programs.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge with adult learning principles.
- In-depth knowledge of the mortgage initiation industry, particularly CMHC mortgage loan products and services.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain client relationships and recognize business opportunities.
- Excellent marketing and business development skills, with a flair for delivering effective group presentations and training.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as part of a team to achieve common goals.
- Excellent organization and time management skills enabling the balance of workloads and the prioritization of requests to meet deadlines with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to achieve results, deliver quality work and adapt to changing priorities. Ability to analyze and synthesize information.
- Excellent interpersonal (tact and diplomacy) skills including the ability to persuade others.
This job posting will be active until 11:59 pm EST on July 25 , 2018, however, the competition may remain active until a successful candidate has been chosen.
- Your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the requirements as CMHC cannot make assumptions about your education and experience.
- Selected candidates may be required to do a presentation or assessment as part of the interview. If so, they will be advised in advance. In the event that tests are administered, candidates will also be advised in advance.
- We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest, however, please note that only those applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted.
- If selected for an interview or testing, please advise us if you require an accommodation.
- Candidates who do not meet all of the position requirements may be considered in an under-fill capacity, in which case the person will be hired at a lower level than the position level.
- All applications submitted to this competition will be kept for a six (6) month period and may be considered for future related vacancies at CMHC.
- Candidates must be eligible for Reliability Clearance.
- Second Language Proficiency levels are defined as follows:
- A = Beginner Level
- B = Intermediate Level
- C = Advanced Level
- E = Exempt
- P = Specific Language Skills
CMHC is an employer that values diversity and encourages the learning and use of both Canada's official languages. CMHC is committed to employment equity and actively encourages application from women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities