Account Manager, Client Relations
Sector: Client Solutions
Language Designation: English Essential
Language Skill Levels (Read/Write/Speak): ZZZ
Salary Range: $74852.60 to $93565.75
Position Status: Permanent Full Time
We’re not your typical government agency
Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) exists for a single reason: to make housing affordable for everyone in Canada. We’re mobilizing the expertise and energy of governments, non-profits, lenders, developers, social entrepreneurs and co-ops to create the future of housing. At CMHC, we believe that everyone in Canada should have a place to call home.
Experience a Results-Only Work Environment™ (ROWE™)
At CMHC, we trust you to get the job done. We’ve shifted from managing people to managing work. Each employee is 100% autonomous and 100% accountable. You can choose where you need to be and when you need to be there to meet your objectives. You’re in control of your time and are trusted to make the right decisions.
About the role
We’re constantly evolving to build an inclusive housing system through research, design, innovation and partnerships. In this exceptional opportunity to become a member of the Client Relationship Management team, you will promote CMHC services, mortgage loan insurance and Multi Unit Residential among key clients, while building and maintaining positive business relationships in an assigned portfolio and help us make housing affordable for everyone in Canada.
What you will need
- A commitment to demonstrating CMHC values;
- Knowledge of the mortgage initiation industry, particularly CMHC mortgage loan products and services; and Multi unit Business
- Excellent marketing and business development skills, with a flair for delivering effective group presentations and training;
- Well-developed client focus skills that demonstrate an ability to assess client needs, develop services to meet those needs and follow-up to ensure results;
- Demonstrated ability developing and maintaining strategic relationships with key clients (internal and external);
- Ability to apply organizational know-how and awareness, and analytical thinking in order to identify issues and make appropriate recommendations affecting client groups;
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to speak and write clearly, succinctly and persuasively with/for a variety of audiences;
- Excellent interpersonal (tact and diplomacy) skills including the ability to persuade others;
- Excellent organization and time management skills enabling the balance of workloads and the prioritization of requests to meet deadlines with strong attention to detail;
- Broad knowledge of CMHC's business, mandate and objectives an asset.
What you will be doing
- Developing and adjusting a plan for communications, relations and activities with key clients, including Lenders, Brokers, and Multi clients other stakeholders;
- Working closely with the Financial Institution Client Solutions Leadership team including the National Key Account Management team, to take a lead role in developing Ho and Multi client strategies and communicating the implementation tactics of these strategies within the region;
- Working closely with multi operations to deliver a seamless client experience
- Conceiving and communicating efficiently the tactical plan based on the needs and volumes of the client and maintaining effective relations with key decision makers to ensure that CMHC’s business objectives are met;
- Playing a lead role in managing and enhancing the relationship between CMHC and key FI Lenders;
- Identifying, customizing, and delivering appropriate presentations and training to maximize product knowledge and improve application quality;
- Managing client expectations with regards to declined/escalated applications by providing exceptional messaging to the lender, understanding our risk tolerances and mitigating actions, and having an open mind;
- Playing a lead role in developing, delivering and evaluating the results of the FI business plan;
- Keeping the Corporation informed about the directions, trends, strategies, initiatives, specific operations and movements within the industry;
- Maintaining a strong network of industry contacts.
- Acting effectively by teaming up with the other members of the Client Relations team and the multi operation team, and with those of the other client solutions and client operation groups.
Does this sound like you?
Click the “apply now” button and create an account (it should take about 30 seconds). We’re excited to hear from you!
Posting closing date: August 23, 2019 (Note, the competition may remain active until filled)
Job Requisition ID: 3869
Primary Location: Toronto, Ontario
Security Requirement: Reliability Status
Travel Requirement: Travel not required
We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest, however, please note that only those applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted.
CMHC is an employer that values diversity and encourages the learning and use of both Canada's official languages. CMHC is committed to employment equity and actively encourages application from women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities
*If selected for an interview or testing, please advise us if you require an accommodation.