Payroll Specialist Canada
The Company is one of North America’s leading sales and marketing agencies specializing in outsourced sales, merchandising, category management and marketing services to manufacturers, suppliers and producers of food products and consumer packaged goods. The Company services a variety of trade channels including grocery, mass merchandise, specialty, convenience, drug, dollar, club, hardware, consumer electronics and home centers. We bridge the gap between manufacturers and retailers, providing consumers access to the best products available in the marketplace today.
Payroll Specialist - Canada is responsible for updating and maintaining the Oracle systems relating to Canadian payroll processes. Resolves payroll discrepancies and answers general questions from both the associated workforce and management.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Works with payroll management and Lead positions to ensure completeness of Canadian payroll cycles. Prepare files for management balancing and approval evidence for compliance. Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Works with payroll management and lead positions to ensure completeness of all Canada imported files for various business units.
- Works with payroll management and lead positions to ensure completeness of all Oracle Canadian transmissions and uploads.
- Create and submission of ROE data as required by CRA regulations
- Reviews and processes daily change report. Ensure completion and submission from department.
- Assist payroll management and lead positions with Oracle and Canadian payroll operations by following policies and procedures.
- Assist with special projects such as but not limited to: Escheatment, Quarter/Year End and T4 & RL-1 forms and/or amended forms.
- Maintain and monitor compliance with applicable federal and provincial payroll laws and regulations, to include internal policies and procedures.
- Assist payroll department with resolving associate’s payroll questions, while maintaining payroll information by collecting, calculating, and entering data in Oracle payroll system.
- Assist in monitoring compliance of company policies.
- Partner and maintain effective relationships with all business units.
- Use of Oracle to compile summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, leave, disability, and nontaxable wages.
- Resolves payroll discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information.
- Provides payroll information by answering Help Desk questions and general associate requests.
- Maintains Oracle payroll operations by following policies and procedures; reporting needed changes; employee confidence and protects payroll operations by keeping information confidential.
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities for direct reports
This position does not have guidance or mentoring responsibilities for indirect reports
Travel and/or Driving Requirements
Travel and Driving are not essential duties or functions of this job
Education Level: (Required): High School Diploma or GED or equivalent experience
2-4 years of experience in In-House Payroll Systems
2-4 years Canadian Payroll knowledge as per Provincial Wage & Labor Laws
1-2 years Canadian ROE practices
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Advanced Excel experience / Pivot tables
- Must have strong communication, data entry, and organizational skills.
- Must have the ability to be confidential and above all give the best customer service.
- Must be able to multi-task and work somewhat independently.
Environmental & Physical Requirements
Office / Sedentary Requirements
Incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. Work is performed primarily in an office environment. Typically requires the ability to sit for extended periods of time (66%+ each day), ability to hear the telephone, ability to enter data on a computer and may also require the ability to lift up to 10 pounds.
Additional Information Regarding The Company Job Duties and Job Descriptions
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity in all employment practices without regard to race, nation or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy and childbearing), sexual orientation, marital status, family status, physical or mental disability or pardoned criminal convictions, or any other category protected by law.
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. The Company reserves the right at any time with or without notice to alter or change job responsibilities, reassign or transfer job position or assign additional job responsibilities. The Company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable a qualified applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
Employee understands that neither the provision of the Job Description nor any representation in this document creates a guarantee or contract of employment for any specified period of time or changes the nature of Employee’s employment, which can only be modified in a writing signed by the CEO.