CDS Part Time Shift Supervisor CAN
The Company is one of North America’s leading sales and marketing agencies specializing in outsourced sales, merchandising, category management and marketing services to manufacturers, suppliers and producers of food products and consumer packaged goods. The Company services a variety of trade channels including grocery, mass merchandise, specialty, convenience, drug, dollar, club, hardware, consumer electronics and home centers. We bridge the gap between manufacturers and retailers, providing consumers access to the best products available in the marketplace today.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Engage the consumer by creating brand awareness and enthusiasm
- Dynamically sell product to the member
- Assist junior team members as required in a team-oriented environment
- Set-up and organize merchandise; prepare vendor products according to written instructions
- Coordinate, organize and close down work area including cleaning and sanitizing, washing and drying dishes and proper storage of equipment
- Adhere to all Food Safety handling and sanitation training and guidelines
- Participate and adhere to all safety policies and practices
- Provide necessary meal and break periods to other Sales Advisors according to State and Federal employment regulations
- Coordinate organization and execution of non-food events, road shows and special events
- Represent and perform duties of the Assistant Event Manager or Senior Shift Supervisor in any absences
- May be responsible to purchase products for event demonstrations and oversee proper storage, disposal, preparation, and servicing of such products and supplies as required
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- This position does not have supervisory responsibilities for direct reports
- This position does not have guidance or mentoring responsibilities for indirect reports
Travel and/or Driving Requirements
- Travel and Driving are not an essential duty and function of this job.
The following are the minimum job-related qualifications which an individual needs in order to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the job
Field of Study/Area of Experience:
2-4 Years of experience in retail experience required preferably at a client-side, branded, consumer-packaged goods company; or a combination of supplier-side and client-side experience
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Strong Priortizing Skills
- Knowledge of generally accepted practices, procedures, & standard policy & procedure development techniques
- Decision Making Skills
- Excellent Customer Service Skills
- Conflict Management Skills
- Ability to Exercise Sound Judgement
- Basic Computer Skills, including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, Outlook, & web browsers
- Professional Food Safety Certification required
- Well Organized, Detail Oriented, & able to Handle Fast Paced Work Environment
- Flexible & Adaptable, able to change & Alter According to changes in Projects or Business Environment
- Must be able to work flexible hours and schedule, including weekends
Environmental & Physical Requirements
Field / Administrative Requirements
Incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. Work may be performed in an office, field, retail store, or warehouse environment. Typically requires the ability to spend 66%+ hours each work day doing the following activities: engage in considerable physical activity, ability to lift and/or push up to 10 kg, stand on feet for long periods of time, use products or cook food as appropriate for the demonstration, and may be required to work in extremely cold conditions (i.e. refrigerated and freezer sections). The use of proper safety practices when handling the products and/or cooking is essential.
Additional Information Regarding The Company Job Duties and Job Descriptions
Job duties include additional responsibilities as assigned by one’s supervisor or other manager related to the position/department. This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. The Company reserves the right at any time with or without notice to alter or change job responsibilities, reassign or transfer job position or assign additional job responsibilities, subject to applicable law. The Company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable a qualified applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
Any estimate, schedule, or guideline provided to associates in this job description or elsewhere in connection with their jobs is only intended to help describe job duties and for planning purposes. Regardless of any such estimate, schedule, or guideline, associates must always record all time worked for our company (which includes but is not limited to on-site work time in an assigned store, office, or other work location; required waiting time; administrative time; and work-related travel time).