CDS Manager Business Operations
Advantage Sales and Marketing LLC dba Advantage Solutions is one of North America’s leading sales and marketing agencies specializing in outsourced sales, merchandising, category management and marketing services to manufacturers, suppliers and producers of food products and consumer packaged goods. Advantage Solutions services a variety of trade channels including grocery, mass merchandise, specialty, convenience, drug, dollar, club, hardware, consumer electronics and home centers. We bridge the gap between manufacturers and retailers, providing consumers access to the best products available in the marketplace today.
The Business Operations Manager manages, trains, coaches, and directs a team of Full Time Field Leaders/District Managers, who in turn manage a large team of full time managers and part time Sales Advisors who are responsible for supporting and executing all Costco Vendor Events, CDS Canada’s projects, and initiatives. This is done within a specific geographic area to ensure all operational KPIs are met. Collaborate with and supports Director of Sales, field personnel at all levels, all business support units, to maintain operational excellence/effectiveness.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
• Regularly travel to markets for purpose of, but not limited to; District Manager Development, warehouse audits and performance review
• Oversee and provide direction for recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training associates
• Achieve job results through the coaching, counseling, and discipline of associates; monitoring, planning, and appraising job results
• Overall performance management of District Managers providing direction, guidance, and support where necessary.
• Conduct weekly conference calls with DM’s to communicate program updates and strategic priorities
Project Scheduling / Coordination / Management / Maintenance
• Achieve business execution and event/project compliance objectives by prioritizing, and organizing multiple event/project priorities with local managers and Event Specialists.
• Accomplish specific client and division goals and objectives through adequate staffing and on-date execution according to specific event manual direction and following food safety guidelines as appropriate
Customer Relations (Internal / External)
• Achieve overall execution objectives by building strong, frequent, and consistent interactions with Costco Operations at warehouse level.
• Observe District Managers in field and in daily job duties
• Develop personalized development plans for each category of associate, successors, contributors, take actions, top/bottom performers specific to each individual’s needs
Administration / Reporting
• Regular review and analysis of CAR reports providing plan of actions based on results
• Ensure GM survey results achieve target of 9/10
Budget / Expense Control
• Control expense / supply, travel etc.
• Ensure labor hours are within budget
- Hires, retains, trains, coaches, guides, directs, and develops direct reports using company-wide processes, tools and resources
- May delegate work of others and provide guidance, direction and mentoring to indirect reports
Travel and/or Driving Requirements
- Travel and Driving is an essential duty and function of this job
- Travel up to 30-40%
Minimum Qualifications The following are the minimum job-related qualifications which an individual needs in order to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the job
Education Level: (Required): Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Field of Study/Area of Experience: Click here to enter text.
5+ years of experience in Retail Sales Manager or District Manager within the sales and marketing agency industry, or a direct sales company
2-5 years of Supervisory experience
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
• Strong initiative and self-directed, ability to work independently with little or no supervision
• Strong understanding and experience managing large remote sales team operations
• Ability to work though others with strong delegation skills
• Strong organizational and follow up skills
• Mathematical and analytical ability
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Strong understanding of retail reporting systems
• Basic to intermediate PC skills; this includes a good understanding of spreadsheets, word processing, and presentation software
Environmental & Physical Requirements
Office / Sedentary Requirements
Incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. Work is performed primarily in an office environment. Typically requires the ability to sit for extended periods of time (66%+ each day), ability to hear the telephone, ability to enter data on a computer and may also require the ability to lift up to 5 kgs. A detailed Environmental and Physical Requirements document is available in the Total Rewards department.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity in all employment practices without regard to race, nation or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy and childbearing), sexual orientation, marital status, family status, physical or mental disability or pardoned criminal convictions, or any other category protected by law.
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. The Company reserves the right at any time with or without notice to alter or change job responsibilities, reassign or transfer job position or assign additional job responsibilities. The Company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable a qualified applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
Employee understands that neither the provision of the Job Description nor any representation in this document creates a guarantee or contract of employment for any specified period of time or changes the nature of Employee’s employment, which can only be modified in a writing signed by the CEO.