CDS Full Time Event Manager CAN - Product Demonstration
The Company is one of North America’s leading sales and marketing agencies specializing in outsourced sales, merchandising, category management and marketing services to manufacturers, suppliers and producers of food products and consumer packaged goods. The Company services a variety of trade channels including grocery, mass merchandise, specialty, convenience, drug, dollar, club, hardware, consumer electronics and home centers. We bridge the gap between manufacturers and retailers, providing consumers access to the best products available in the marketplace today.
As the in-house product sampling company for Costco Wholesale, CDS has friendly, professional and talented employees who provide high quality product demonstrations and marketing services to Costco Wholesale and its vendors.
The Event Manager will lead, oversee and execute performance for all warehouse demonstration activities of the organization in line with overall strategy goals. S/he will enforce processes that contribute toward the efficient operation and alignment of CDS Operations while remaining supportive of product innovation and the growth the business. The Event Manager will support the District Manager to ensure CDS remains at the forefront of the global event marketing industry and will assist in leveraging organizational resources and the customer to achieve strategic and financial objectives for CDS.
- Direct all activities engaged in successful events, promotion and sales of vendor products
- Communicate strategies and tactics to achieve sales, service and operational excellence
- Support the maintenance and ongoing development of corporate governance framework, policies and procedures
- Collaborate with the District Manager to evaluate various event performance metrics, including execution rates, sales performance, labor hours and operational costs and make adjustments as necessary
- Achieve defined revenue and net income objectives through sales activation, strategy and expense management
- Optimize customer satisfaction/loyalty through improved operations
- Hires, retains, trains, coaches, guides, directs, and develops direct reports using company-wide processes, tools and resources
- This position does not have guidance or mentoring responsibilities for indirect reports
Travel and/or Driving Requirements
- Travel and driving is not an essential duty and function of this job.
The following are the minimum job-related qualifications which an individual needs in order to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the job
Education Level: (Required): A High School Diploma or equivalent.
Field of Study/Area of Experience:
2-4 Years of related experience performing similar duties in a retail, hospitality or food environment with a part time work force.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Ability to Work Independently & Prioritize with minimal supervision, in order to Meet Deadlines
- Supervising Skills, to include Delegating Responsibility, Training, & Evaluating Performance
- Excellent Written & Verbal Communication Skills
- Flexible & Adaptable, able to change & Alter According to changes in Projects or Business Environment
- Track Record of Building & Maintaining Customer/Client Relationships
- Ability to Direct, Lead, & Develop People
- Basic Computer Skills, including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, Outlook, & web browsers
- Professional Food Safety Certification required
- Well Organized, Detail Oriented, & able to Handle Fast Paced Work Environment
- Ability to Exercise Sound Judgement
- Ability to Ensure High Levels of Service & Quality are Maintained
- Conflict Management Skills
- Must be able to work flexible hours and schedule, including weekends
Environmental & Physical Requirements
Field / Administrative Requirements
Incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. Work may be performed in an office, field, retail store, or warehouse environment. Typically requires the ability to spend 66%+ hours each work day doing the following activities: engage in considerable physical activity, ability to lift and/or push up to 10 kg, stand on feet for long periods of time, use products or cook food as appropriate for the demonstration, and may be required to work in extremely cold conditions (i.e. refrigerated and freezer sections). The use of proper safety practices when handling the products and/or cooking is essential.
Additional Information Regarding The Company Job Duties and Job Descriptions
Job duties include additional responsibilities as assigned by one’s supervisor or other manager related to the position/department. This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. The Company reserves the right at any time with or without notice to alter or change job responsibilities, reassign or transfer job position or assign additional job responsibilities, subject to applicable law. The Company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable a qualified applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
Any estimate, schedule, or guideline provided to associates in this job description or elsewhere in connection with their jobs is only intended to help describe job duties and for planning purposes. Regardless of any such estimate, schedule, or guideline, associates must always record all time worked for our company (which includes but is not limited to on-site work time in an assigned store, office, or other work location; required waiting time; administrative time; and work-related travel time).