Water Maintenance Worker 3
On-Going Opportunities Description
Toronto is Canada's largest city, the fourth largest in North America, and home to a diverse population of about 2.8 million people. Consistently ranked one of the world's most livable cities, we are a global centre for business, finance, arts and culture. Join the award-winning Toronto Public Service as a Water Maintenance Worker 3 within our Toronto Water Division.
Although there may not be current vacancies, resumes will be kept on file for 6 months and then deleted from our system. You must reapply after 6 months.
- Assists with the operation and/or maintenance and/or repairs and/or inspection and/or installation of all wastewater systems and appurtenances including trunk and interceptor sewer systems.
- Utilizes a variety of hand and power tools and equipment/vehicles associated with wastewater treatment, including wastewater pumping and collection system operations and maintenance.
- Performs work in a safe and efficient manner
- Maintains accurate records utilizing field sheets and/or electronic devices
- Performs related work as assigned
Your application must describe your qualifications as they relate to:
- Must possess and be able to maintain a valid Province of Ontario Class "D" license with "Z" endorsement and qualify for the City's drivers' permit and Provincial equipment operating permits.
- Must have a Secondary School Diploma or approved equivalent.
- Knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act and the regulations that apply to the above work.
- Must be able to work in and possess the ability to obtain the necessary knowledge of confined space entry regulations, trenching,shoring and construction and City policies and procedures.
You will also be required to demonstrate:
- Ability to use construction equipment tools, materials and techniques.
- Ability to communicate courteously with the public.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to read field and utility drawings.
- Ability to operate a computer.
- Ability to prepare and complete forms, schedules, checklists, reports and maintain accurate records.
- Ability to maintain vehicles and equipment in a clean, tidy and safe condition.
- Ability to work overtime and call-ins as required.
- Ability to report to various work sites.
- Must be physically capable of performing required duties in all weather conditions and in a waste water treatment, pumping or collection system environment.
- Must be able to work shifts/weekends and stand-by.
We thank all applicants and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
As you may be contacted via email, please ensure that your email address is kept up to date in your Candidate Profile.
Please note that all applicants are encouraged to provide a valid email address for communication purposes. Applicants may receive written correspondence regarding this job posting directly to the email address provided on their resume or to the one used to set-up their Candidate Profile if applying on TalentFlow. As an applicant, it is your responsibility to ensure that you check your email regularly.
The City of Toronto is committed to fostering a positive and progressive workforce that is representative of the citizens we serve. We will provide equitable treatment and accommodation to ensure barrier-free employment. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the City of Toronto's Accommodation Policy, a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of the City's hiring process.
If you are invited to participate in an assessment process, kindly provide your accommodation needs in advance. Please be advised that you may be requested to provide medical/other documentation to Human Resources to ensure that appropriate accommodation is provided to you throughout the hiring process.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting the job ID # and the job classification title.