Support Assistant C
- Prepares, researches, maintains and processes documents. Determines and corrects errors
- Drafts correspondence. Inputs, updates and maintains data including the entry of complaints
- Operates office equipment and computers utilizing a variety of software packages, applying speed and skill. Prepares presentation materials, forms etc. Utilizes layout, formatting and keyboarding skills using computer
- Maintains filing and retrieval systems for records/documents
- Tracks and follow upon investigations undertaken by all enforcement units in Municipal Licensing and Standards
- Monitors the activities of Council, Standing Committees, Committee Councils etc., and assembles background information for specific items
- Guides and/or checks the work of other staff
- Responds to in person, telephone and email inquiries requiring broad knowledge of licensing, permits and permit exemptions and registration applications for completeness
- Accept payments for permits, exemptions and registrations.
- Prepares, sorts, processes, collects, opens, distributes and delivers mail, cash, bank deposits
- Monitors, orders and maintains supplies/resource materials for unit or other locations
- Performs Corporate Profile, Business Name and Ministry of Transportation searches
- Prepares Divisional records to address requests made pursuant to the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act
Your application must describe your qualifications as they relate to:
- Experience performing various clerical and administrative support duties to a team/program which may include administration support to management.
- Experience using computers and the ability to utilize a variety of software packages such Microsoft Office Suite (i.e. Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel), e-mail and other software packages relevant to supporting the division's core requirements.
- Experience creating and formatting documents, reports, charts, spreadsheets and presentations.
- Experience working in a fast paced time sensitive customer service environment.
You must also have:
- General understanding of current issues and trends in municipal law enforcement and the ability to respond to inquiries requiring knowledge of the operational/area/function.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to deal effectively with all levels of staff, councillors, the public and external contacts in person, by telephone and in writing.
- Good organizational, analytical and multi-tasking skills with the ability to meet deadlines and assess priorities. Ability to work effectively with other employees in a team oriented environment and carry out instructions with minimal supervision.
- Good problem solving and decision making skills with the ability to handle and resolve difficult situations in a professional manner.
- Ability to deal with sensitive and confidential matters related to bylaw investigations
- Ability to write in a clear, concise and legible manner.
- Excellent keyboarding, proof reading and data entry skills with emphasis on volume and accuracy.
- General knowledge of the operations of Council, Standing Committees, etc., that impact on the work of Municipal Licensing and Standards.
Please note that all applicants are encouraged to provide a valid email address for communication purposes. Applicants may receive written correspondence regarding this job posting directly to the email address provided on their resume or to the one used to set-up their Candidate Profile if applying on TalentFlow. As an applicant, it is your responsibility to ensure that you check your email regularly.
The City of Toronto is committed to fostering a positive and progressive workforce that is representative of the citizens we serve. We will provide equitable treatment and accommodation to ensure barrier-free employment. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the City of Toronto's Accommodation Policy, a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of the City's hiring process.
If you are invited to participate in an assessment process, kindly provide your accommodation needs in advance. Please be advised that you may be requested to provide medical/other documentation to Human Resources to ensure that appropriate accommodation is provided to you throughout the hiring process.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting the job ID # and the job classification title.