- Manages assigned projects, provides support, trains staff, ensuring high standards of work quality and organizational performance and continuous learning.
- Develops, reviews and implements detailed plans and recommends policies/procedures and guidelines regarding program specific requirements to ensure compliance with Council, corporate and divisional directives. Assesses current practices and makes recommendations to improve operational efficiencies.
- Conducts research into assigned areas ensuring that such research takes into account developments within the field, corporate policies and practices, legislation and initiatives by other levels of government.
- Provides input in the development of the division/branch/unit's annual budget utilizing information on operational requirements, staffing requirements, known pressures and required adjustments; assists management in the administration assigned budget by analyzing financial data. Assists in the preparation of operating impacts of capital through Capital Request submissions
- Identifies, analyzes and designs business processes, inputs and outputs, program operations and functions at a detailed level; interviews, documents, and facilitates business process and data requirements review/re-engineering sessions with stakeholders.
- Prepares business cases, feasibility (including economic, organizational, operational, technical impact) studies, project charters/plans, business/functional/technical requirements, design documents, training materials, and user documentation.
- Prepares reports for the Manager and Director, making recommendations on changes in business methods and processes including appropriate staffing levels and resource allocation.
- Assists project teams in the design, implementation and utilization of performance measures for the division/branch.
- Provides input into and administers assigned budget, ensuring that expenditures are controlled and maintained within approved budget limitations. Conducts financial analysis and determines key indicators to measure the effectiveness and efficiencies of service delivery methods and design processes to track those indicators.
- Provides project management support within the branch as a member of self-directed work team internally and externally, as required.
- Assists division in the development of briefing notes and reports for presentation to senior management, standing committees, partners, and Council for strategic decision making; prepares and submits correspondence to the Manager, Director, General Manager, various Council Committees and Board of Management.
- Works collaboratively with partner branches within the Parks, Forestry and Recreation Division and other divisions, in the form of planning modules or Service Level Agreements, to ensure a high level of service to residents.
- Recommends to management the overall scheduling of projects.
- Ensures compliance with and a thorough understanding of the Collective Agreements, corporate and divisional policies, procedures and guidelines, and City by-laws.
- Cultivates effective working relationships, represents the division and consults with Members of Council and their staff, internal and external stakeholders, other divisions and members of the public on community and project committees, programs, services and in cross-divisional strategic planning and activities.
- Ensures the quality of work and service meets corporate and divisional standards and trained to perform work in compliance with all legislative regulations that apply, such as Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS), Ontario Building Code, Technical Standards and Safety Authority (TSSA), Fire Code, Electrical Code and the Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA), Ontario Pool Regulations etc.
- Represents the division by providing leadership and technical expertise at interdivisional, project, community consultation, partnership and Committee meetings with Members of Council, service providers, various levels of government, outside agencies and community groups, environmental groups and other stakeholders to support strategic divisional and corporate initiatives.
- Provides support with on-going strategic planning and development of city-wide service direction, functional standards, policies and procedures, in consultation with other City divisions, government agencies and community stakeholders.
- Creates, develops, and approves brochures, manuals, web content.
- Designs, analyzes and documents processes to support planning, staff re-alignment and management decision making.
- Post-secondary education in a discipline related to the job function or equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Considerable experience in budget and accounting for operations in a major public or private sector organization. Knowledge of public sector
- Extensive experience with database, word processing and spreadsheet applications such as Excel, Word, SAP, etc.), with experience in preparing data analysis and presentation materials.
- Extensive experience in conducting research and analysis and managing and completing projects of various terms and complexities
- Considerable experience in the preparation of financial statements (variance reports, business cases and briefing notes).
- Considerable experience in proposing effective action plans, strategies and financial trend analysis
- Superior analytical, interpersonal and problem solving skills.
- Sound judgement with an ability to work independently on confidential and sensitive matters with minimum supervision.
- Superior communication skills, including both oral and written communication skills, with demonstrated ability to interact and communicate effectively at all levels of the organization
Please note that all applicants are encouraged to provide a valid email address for communication purposes. Applicants may receive written correspondence regarding this job posting directly to the email address provided on their resume or to the one used to set-up their Candidate Profile if applying on TalentFlow. As an applicant, it is your responsibility to ensure that you check your email regularly.
The City of Toronto is committed to fostering a positive and progressive workforce that is representative of the citizens we serve. We will provide equitable treatment and accommodation to ensure barrier-free employment. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the City of Toronto's Accommodation Policy, a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of the City's hiring process.
If you are invited to participate in an assessment process, kindly provide your accommodation needs in advance. Please be advised that you may be requested to provide medical/other documentation to Human Resources to ensure that appropriate accommodation is provided to you throughout the hiring process.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process, please email us at (INSERT HR generic email address), quoting the job ID # and the job classification title.