Digital Planning Associate
POSTING NUMBER: 103216
STARTING SALARY: $60,005.40 per annum
Are you a coder with a creative flare? We’re looking for a candidate with demonstrated experience in HTML, CSS, AODA, SEO in an enterprise-level web infrastructure.
Reporting to the Recreation Services Planning Coordinator, the Digital Planning Associate is primarily responsible for the development and maintenance of the City’s Recreation website.
This role will:
- Contribute to the research, design, development, and administration of various websites and/or e-newsletters within Recreation ensuring the goals for the site and the needs of the users are met.
- Liaise with multimedia specialists in the creation of any new multimedia content or maintenance of existing multimedia content for websites, e-newsletters, social media platforms, etc.
- Compile and analyse website usage statistics and provide feedback about site performance and changes that can be made to increase site traffic.
- Support Planning Coordinator in developing social media best practices to ensure execution in this area is seamless and effective.
- Work with Planning Coordinator and Strategic Communications to come up with SOP or informal guidelines that will drive social media protocol within recreation.
- Create social media plans and campaigns for projects that are underway, pinpointing engagement targets and measure success rates.
- Actively seek out new platforms that can be used to engage Brampton residents, providing data to support recommendation for integration into social strategy and a framework for implementation.
- Manage social media campaigns and day-to-day activities as well as presence in social networking sites
- Monitor effective benchmarks for measuring the impact of social media programs, and analyze, review, and report on effectiveness of campaigns in an effort to maximize results.
- Regularly provide feedback insights gained from social media monitoring to Planning Coordinator to help evolve the social media strategy in a timely fashion.
- Monitor trends in social media tools, trends and applications.
- Use metadata and other methods to optimize search engine positions and ensure the site is listed in relevant indexes and directories and appropriate key words are in place throughout all digital platforms, driving search results up and increasing traffic.
- Communicate with other site owners in order to maximize incoming links.
- Create email marketing campaigns to promote Recreation products or services.
- Maintain digital inventory, ensuring calendars are updated on various free public service platforms; manage facility TV screens, uploading creative and distributing content where remote updates can be facilitated; update LED screens according to monthly calendars and oversee communications issues if any occur through IT support.
- Integration/development of application solutions to enhance registration and ease of access to information for residents.
- High School (Grade 12) graduation plus an additional program of three (3) to four (4) years in Computer Science, Marketing, Media Studies or equivalent.
- Over 2 years up to and including 4 years of marketing or related experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Office and Excel an asset.
- Exposure to a Municipal environment an asset.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills with an emphasis on customer service an asset.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast-paced, challenging, progressive environment an asset.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team an asset.
Exciting things are happening at the City of Brampton. Watch our Join Our Team video to hear what our employees say about working here. For insight about Brampton’s future, take a peek at what renowned urban planner Larry Beasley has to say.
**Various tests and/or exams may be administered as part of the selection criteria.
Job status: Permanent
Job Type: Union
Applications must be received by: January 13, 2019
Alternate formats will be provided upon request.
If this opportunity matches your interest and experience, please apply online at: www.brampton.ca/employment quoting reference #103216 by January 13, 2019 and complete the attached questionnaire. We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The successful candidate(s) will be required, as a condition of employment, to execute a written employment agreement.
Please be advised, the City of Brampton uses email to communicate with their applicants for open job competitions. It is the applicant’s responsibility to include an updated email address that is checked daily and accepts emails from unknown users. As we send time sensitive correspondence via email (i.e. testing bookings, interview dates), it is imperative that applicants check their email regularly. If we do not hear back from applicants, we will assume that you are no longer interested in the Job Competition and your application will be removed from the Competition.
The City is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise the Human Resources Division of any accommodations needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.