UX Research & Design Co-Op
We’re building a relationship-oriented bank for the modern world. We need talented, passionate professionals who are dedicated to doing what’s right for our clients.
At CIBC, we embrace your strengths and your ambitions, so you are empowered at work. Our team members have what they need to make a meaningful impact and are truly valued for who they are and what they contribute.
To learn more about CIBC, please visit CIBC.com
CIBC’s Technology, Infrastructure & Innovation team is hiring for Winter 2023 Co-Ops!
What You’ll Be Doing
Join our CIBC Technology team for a UX Research & Design Co-op and have a real impact in making our clients’ ambitions a reality! This is a great opportunity to be a part of an innovation-focused team that is helping to drive CIBC’s digital transformation by researching ways improve applications through innovative design while and ensuring a high quality user experience. Join our team and stretch your innovative thinking, communications, and design skills to help enhance banking for the modern world. .
How you’ll succeed
- Planning: You’ll help plan for the design of an application from top to bottom, including creating wireframes from applications and designing UI and UX for a variety of applications, including mobile, desktop and VR
- Creativity: You’ll use your creative thinking skill to to develop innovative and new solutions
- Communication: Your excellent verbal and written communication skills will be put to use to allow successful collaboration while working remotely in a team
- Time Management: You’ll have the opportunity to help manage multiple concurrent objectives, project , groups and activities, while prioritizing and allocating time effectively.
Who you are
- Problem Solving: You enjoy being presented with problems or issues and working with a team to find innovative solutions
- Communication: You have excellent verbal and written communication skills to effectively articulate ideas and opinions that involve research, interpretation, and assessment
- Organization: Your time management skills are strong and you are able to prioritize competing priorities to ensure successful outcomes
- Process Improvement: You enjoy the process of reviewing current processes and identifying improvements that will optimize or improve standards
- Creativity: You are curious and enjoy working in a team to visualize and design a possible new product or service and to assess the market, business and technical merits of that concept
- UX Developer: You are familiar with programming languages and enjoy improving the client experience
- Values matter to you. You bring your real self to work and you live our values – trust, teamwork and accountability
- This job posting closes on October 2nd 2022 at 11:59 PM.
- You must be currently enrolled in post-secondary education to be eligible. However, you do not need to be in a registered Co-Op program to be considered for this role.
- You are currently pursuing a degree in Business, Economics, Marketing, Finance, or a related field.
- Please include your resume (no more than 2 pages), a cover letter (no more than 1 page), and your most recent unofficial transcript with your application. These should all be uploaded into the Resume section of your application.
- Work Location: Toronto. Details on your work arrangement (proportion of on-site and remote work) will be discussed at the time of your interview.
- Duration of Work Term: 4, 8, 12 month terms available
What CIBC Offers
At CIBC, our people are our greatest asset. You’ll become part of a diverse community that acknowledges
everyone’s unique talents, and empowers teams to do what’s right for the client, and to do it well. As part of
our team, you will:
- Thrive: Benefit from an open and approachable culture that provides the flexibility and support you need to integrate your life at work and at home
- Connect: Work in a place where the right technology and infrastructure fosters innovation, collaboration and creativity
- Develop: Grow your skills and career through our best-in-class onboarding experience, ongoing learning opportunities, individual development planning, and comprehensive product training
What you need to know
CIBC is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide an accessible candidate experience. If you need accommodation, please contact Mailbox.email@example.com
You need to be legally eligible to work at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work or study permit.
Toronto-81 Bay, 33rd Floor
Temporary (Fixed Term)