Summer Analyst Co-op, Multi Asset & Currency Management (Summer 2024) - Bilingual
We’re building a relationship-oriented bank for the modern world. We need talented, passionate professionals who are dedicated to doing what’s right for our clients.
At CIBC, we embrace your strengths and your ambitions, so you are empowered at work. Our team members have what they need to make a meaningful impact and are truly valued for who they are and what they contribute.
To learn more about CIBC, please visit CIBC.com
What you’ll be doing
Under the direction of the Director, Quantitative Research, Multi-Asset and Currency Management, the quantitative research function is responsible for the development of the methodologies and processes of the models and tools for the Multi-asset, currency and global fixed income investment activities. The scope of the activities cover data analysis, signal building and processing, backtesting, portfolio construction and risk analysis.
As a Summer Analyst Co-op, you will work closely with the other quantitative team members to enhance existing systems and tools.
- You must be currently enrolled in post-secondary education to be eligible, however, you do not need to be in a registered Co-Op program to be considered for this role.
- Please include your resume (no more than 2 pages), a cover letter (no more than 1 page), and your most recent unofficial transcript with your application. These should all be uploaded into the Resume section of the application as one document.
- Work Location: Further clarity on the work location will be provided at the time of your interview. Please note all employees must work within their current jurisdiction and must reside within Canada.
- Duration of term: 4 month opportunities available (May-August).
- Please note, we have multiple positions available under this posting and you may be considered by more than one hiring team.
At CIBC we enable the work environment most optimal for you to thrive in your role. Details on your work arrangement (proportion of on-site and remote work) will be discussed at the time of your interview.
How you’ll succeed
- Leveraging technology - Contribute to Python tools library and the process of finding, cleaning, storing and accessing data related to global financial markets. You will also implement and test interest rate models.
- Business Support - Provide production support for the numerical libraries and risk management systems. You will also provide support to business users.
Who you are
- You are pursuing a degree/diploma in a quantitative/computational field. This includes areas such as statistics, financial mathematics, quantitative finance, computer science, physics, and mathematics.
- You are digitally savvy. You have strong knowledge and experience with software programming, have technical writing skills and able to explain complex and technical information in a clear and concise manner. You have experience with numerical libraries and/or scientific computing and possess solid Python skills.
- You can demonstrate experience in financial modeling. You are able to follow sophisticated theoretical model documentation.
- You have excellent communication skills. You possess great written and verbal communication skills and have outstanding interpersonal skills.
- Values matter to you. You bring your real self to work and you live our values - trust, teamwork, and accountability.
- You're fluent in French and English to serve our clients in the community.
What CIBC Offers
At CIBC, your goals are a priority. We start with your strengths and ambitions as an employee and strive to create opportunities to tap into your potential.
We work to recognize you in meaningful, personalized ways including a competitive compensation, a banking benefit*, wellbeing support, and additional offers such as employee and family assistance programs and MomentMakers, our social, points-based recognition program.
Our spaces and technological toolkit will make it simple to bring together great minds to create innovative solutions that make a difference for our clients.
*Subject to program terms and conditions
What you need to know
CIBC is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide an accessible candidate experience. If you need accommodation, please contact Mailbox.firstname.lastname@example.org
You need to be legally eligible to work at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work or study permit.
Non-Trader-1000 Gauchetière O
Temporary (Fixed Term)
Business, Financial Modeling, Python (Programming Language), Quantitative Data, Statistics