Search Engine Optimization Co-op
We’re building a relationship-oriented bank for the modern world. We need talented, passionate professionals who are dedicated to doing what’s right for our clients.
At CIBC, we embrace your strengths and your ambitions, so you are empowered at work. Our team members have what they need to make a meaningful impact and are truly valued for who they are and what they contribute.
To learn more about CIBC, please visit CIBC.com
CIBC’s Technology, Infrastructure & Innovation team is hiring for Winter 2023 Co-Ops!
What You’ll Be Doing
Join our CIBC Technology team as a Search Engine Optimization Co-op, and have a real impact in making our clients’ ambitions a reality! This is a great opportunity to be a part of an innovation-focused team that is helping to drive CIBC’s digital transformation by supporting Search Engine Optimization (SEO) activities that develop and support CIBC’s digital channel engagement roadmap.
Please note, we have multiple positions available under this posting and you may be considered by more than one hiring team
- This job posting closes on October 2nd 2022 at 11:59 PM.
- You are currently enrolled in a post-secondary program to be eligible, however, you do not need to be in a registered Co-Op program.
- Please include your resume (no more than 2 pages), a cover letter (no more than 1 page), and your most recent unofficial transcript with your application.
- Work Location: Toronto.â€¯Details on your work arrangement (proportion of on-site and remote work) will be discussed at the time of your interview.
- 4/8/12 months opportunities available
How You’ll Succeed
- Team Player – You’ll be able to act both collaboratively and autonomously and have the opportunity to interact and collaborate with different lines of business within CIBC and learn how CIBC digital operates in a fun and positive team atmosphere.
- Be Creative – You have an understanding of the importance of page content and how keywords relate to SEO is a creative process. Your recommendations will align with improving CIBC’s digital client experience, as well as digital channel engagement and sales.
- Digital Savviness - You are comfortable learning new tools online that will help you organize and research keywords, meta data, and title tags. You’ll also get exposed to some analytics data, Google search products and Adobe Experience Manager.
- Make an Impact – You will help to shape, manage and influence SEO and on-site search roadmaps and strategies. By working with the SEO consultant in partnership with all digital channels, you will support business goals, objectives and KPIs. You have the knowledge of how to pull metrics reporting and provide strategic insights to improve and enhance digital strategic programs for CIBC and the Business.
Who You Are
- Problem Solving: You enjoy being presented with problems or issues and working with a team to find innovative solutions
- Communication: You have excellent verbal and written communication skills to effectively articulate ideas and opinions that involve analysis, interpretation, and assessment
- Data analytics: You have the technical skills to review and analyze data to find innovative opportunities and share with partners
- Creativity: You are curious and enjoy working in a team to visualize and design innovative solutions
- Process Improvement: You enjoy the process of analyzing current processes and identifying improvements that will optimize or improve standards
- Values matter to you. You bring your real self to work and you live our values – trust, teamwork and accountability
What CIBC Offers
At CIBC, our people are our greatest asset. You’ll become part of a diverse community that acknowledges everyone’s unique talents, and empowers teams to do what’s right for the client, and to do it well. As part of our team, you will:
- Thrive: Benefit from an open and approachable culture that provides the flexibility and support you need to integrate your life at work and at home
- Connect: Work in a place where the right technology and infrastructure fosters innovation, collaboration and creativity
- Develop: Grow your skills and career through our best-in-class onboarding experience, ongoing learning opportunities, individual development planning, and comprehensive product training
What you need to know
CIBC is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide an accessible candidate experience. If you need accommodation, please contact Mailbox.firstname.lastname@example.org
You need to be legally eligible to work at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work or study permit.
Toronto-81 Bay, 33rd Floor
Temporary (Fixed Term)
Business, Communication, Creative Processes, Creativity, Design, Google Search, Organizing, People Management, Problem Solving, Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Search Engines, Teamwork, Written Communication