Research Co-op, Enterprise Digital
We’re building a relationship-oriented bank for the modern world. We need talented, passionate professionals who are dedicated to doing what’s right for our clients.
At CIBC, we embrace your strengths and your ambitions, so you are empowered at work. Our team members have what they need to make a meaningful impact and are truly valued for who they are and what they contribute.
To learn more about CIBC, please visit CIBC.com
CIBC’s Enterprise Digital team is hiring for the Summer 2024 co-op term!
Join our Enterprise Digital team as a Co-op and have a real impact in making our clients’ ambitions a reality! At Enterprise Digital, we’re building the bank of the future. As a UX Researcher for the Enterprise Digital Accessibility team, you will support the team in their mission to be accessible and inclusive. This role is responsible for supporting Senior UX Researcher and will be conducting user research and journey maps of digital experiences that depict our personas in their journeys while banking with CIBC.
How You’ll Succeed
- User Research and Testing – You will work with our Enterprise partners to identify research needs, and outline comprehensive and efficient UX Digital Accessibility & Inclusion by Design plans to deliver insights
- Research and Present – Understand user needs, conduct usability studies, develop user interface prototypes/documentation. Deliver concept and design presentations.
- Deliver Digital Accessibility & Inclusion by Design – Deliver and evaluative user research using a variety of methods and tools
- Standards & Guidelines – Contribute to the creation and updating of our SharePoint site to help enforce Enterprise Digital Accessibility teams standards and training.
- Work across Enterprise boundaries and disciplines with UX Designers, other Researcher teams, Strategists, Program Owners, etc. to ensure that we are addressing the most critical areas for our clients’ digital accessibility and inclusion needs and ambitions
Who You Are
- Values matter to you. You bring your real self to work and you live our values – trust, teamwork and accountability.
- You are Employee and Client-Focused – You have the desire to be first in class from an accessibility and inclusion perspective to deepen our client and employee relationships. You drive the experience by encouraging employees to quickly learn and adapt to an inclusion-by-design methodology to use in their initiatives.
- You love to learn. You are passionate about growing your knowledge, and you know that there is no limit to what you can achieve.
- You're driven by collective success. You know that collaboration can transform a good idea into a great one. You understand the power of an inclusive team that enjoys working together to bring a shared vision to life.
- You understand that success is in the details. You notice things that others don't. Your critical thinking skills help to inform your decision-making.
- You're tech and digitally adept. You have experience deploying technical solutions to business problems. You can easily adapt to new tools and trends.
- You communicate effectively. You can present high-quality well-developed content that involves precise articulation of ideas and opinions to prepare detailed strategies and frameworks.
- You have a passion for accessibility and inclusion. You understand accessibility compliance guidelines including WCAG, screen readers, and knowledge of Android & iOS accessibility features.
- You must be currently enrolled in post-secondary education to be eligible. However, you do not need to be in a registered Co-Op program to be considered for this role.â€¯
- You are currently pursuing a degree in a related field.â€¯
- Please include your resume (no more than 2 pages), a cover letter (no more than 1 page),â€¯and your most recent unofficial transcript with your application.â€¯ These should all be uploaded into the Resume section of your application.â€¯
- Work Location: Toronto.â€¯Details on your work arrangement (proportion of on-site and remote work) will be discussed at the time of your interview.
- Duration of Work Term: 4-month term available
What CIBC Offers
At CIBC, your goals are a priority. We start with your strengths and ambitions as an employee and strive to create opportunities to tap into your potential.
We work to recognize you in meaningful, personalized ways including a competitive compensation, a banking benefit*, wellbeing support and additional offers such as employee and family assistance programs and MomentMakers, our social, points-based recognition program.
Our spaces and technological toolkit will make it simple to bring together great minds to create innovative solutions that make a difference for our clients.
*Subject to program terms and conditions
What you need to know
CIBC is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide an accessible candidate experience. If you need accommodation, please contact Mailbox.email@example.com
You need to be legally eligible to work at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work or study permit
Expected End Date
Toronto-81 Bay, 16th Floor
Temporary (Fixed Term)
Teamwork, Technical Solutions, User Research