Private Wealth Management Rotational Associate Program ? Montreal, QC
We’re building a relationship-oriented bank for the modern world. We need talented, passionate professionals who are dedicated to doing what’s right for our clients.
At CIBC, we embrace your strengths and your ambitions, so you are empowered at work. Our team members have what they need to make a meaningful impact and are truly valued for who they are and what they contribute.
To learn more about CIBC, please visit CIBC.com
What You’ll Be Doing
As a member of the Private Wealth Management Team, you’ll develop and build the skills to effectively manage and grow your client portfolio by providing dedicated relationship management, complex financial services support, and exceptional client service. As an Associate, you’ll expertly deliver on CIBC’s Private Wealth Management and Wood Gundy approach, taking responsibility for a portfolio and helping our clients make their ambitions a reality. You’ll proactively engage with new and existing clients to make lasting connections and provide comprehensive financial advice.
How the program works
The Private Wealth Management Rotational Associate Program will develop advisor capability to build financial plans for new and existing clients to achieve their financial goals. The advisor will be supported in their learning journey by dedicated Private Wealth Management Leaders and Specialists and will gain valuable experience by working with our clients to make their ambitions a reality. Successful candidates will enter a twelve-month rotational program in Private Wealth Management to start in June 2023, where they will be provided the opportunity to gain experience in various roles via rotations in Private Wealth Management within Private Banking and Wood Gundy based on business needs. Examples of rotations may include Private Banking, Wood Gundy, Wealth Strategy and Solutions and Private Wealth Management Head Office.
This program will include a supported accreditation journey towards IIROC licensing along with additional education to help you learn the CIBC systems and lending processes. Upon completion of this program you will be placed on a portfolio and CIBC will continue to support your learning journey.
- This job posting closes on Sunday, October 2nd at 11:59PM EST.
- You must be a recent graduate (2021 or 2022) or in your final year of post-secondary education pursuing a degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, or related fields with an expected graduation date Spring 2023.
- Applications should include your resume (no more than 2 pages), cover letter (no more than 1 page) and transcripts uploaded as 1 document to the “Resume/CV section” of the application.
- Work location: Montreal. Exact location to be determined during interview.
- Start Date: June 2023.
How you’ll succeed
- Client Engagement - Focus on each client experience and connect on a personal level to make every interaction meaningful. Deliver trusted investment advice and provide comprehensive financial planning support to enhance existing relationships. Cultivate your network to establish new client relationships.
- Business Development - Deeply understand your local market and potential client base to create a sales plan that will convert leads into new CIBC clients. Use your strong relationship building and networking skills to build connections, generate opportunities, and deliver bottom line results. Leverage CIBC’s wide range of credit and investment solutions to provide a needs-based approach that will result in satisfied, loyal clients and increased referrals.
- Community Involvement - Heighten CIBC brand awareness in your community by attending local events and participating in marketing and outreach activities. Grow your network to create lasting connections that will generate future opportunities.
- Partnerships – Private Wealth Management Advisors work in partnership with Financial Planning Consultants, Business Advisors, Investment Advisors, Commercial Bankers and Private Wealth Managers & will focus on multi quadrant planning – retirement planning, investment planning, credit planning, Trust planning, Estate Planning and wealth protection to help meet the needs for CIBC mass affluent clients.
Who you are
We are looking for highly motivated, accomplished and success-oriented individuals who have a keen interest in pursuing a career in the financial services industry. Prospective candidates should demonstrate the following:
- You're fluent in French and English to serve our clients in the community
- Passionate about building relationships and surrounding yourself with a diverse network of partners to build trust through respect and authenticity.
- Act like an owner, thrive when you're empowered to take the lead, go above and beyond, and deliver results.
- Driven to succeed, motivated by accomplishing your goals and delivering your best to make an impact.
- Bring your real self to work and you live our values - trust, teamwork, and accountability.
- Proven record of academic success, teamwork and extracurricular involvement. Successful completion of the CSC and IIROC licensing is required within six months of start date.
- Self-starter with an ability to multi-task and manage competing demands in a dynamic environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, a proven ability to contribute to high-performance teams and a demonstrated commitment to acting with integrity.
- Highly effective written, oral and presentation skills with an ability to explain complex concepts.
What CIBC Offers
At CIBC, our people are our greatest asset. You’ll become part of a diverse community that acknowledges everyone’s unique talents, and empowers teams to do what’s right for the client, and to do it well. As part of our team, you will:
- Thrive: Benefit from an open and approachable culture that provides the flexibility and support you need to integrate your life at work and at home
- Connect: Work in a place where the right technology and infrastructure fosters innovation, collaboration and creativity
- Develop: Grow your skills and career through our best-in-class onboarding experience, ongoing learning opportunities, individual development planning, and comprehensive product training
- Prosper: Share in our collective success with a competitive salary, incentive pay, banking benefits, health benefits program, and employee share purchase plan
What you need to know
CIBC is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide an accessible candidate experience. If you need accommodation, please contact Mailbox.email@example.com
You need to be legally eligible to work at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work or study permit.
Montreal-1 Place Ville Marie
Building Relationships, Business Development, Client Base, Client Engagement Management, Client Interactions, Communication, Customer Engagement, Customer Service, Detail-Oriented, Developing Partnerships, Financial Services, Financial Services Industry, Office Administration, Presentations, Self-Starter, Teamwork, Time Management, Wealth Management