Information Security Coordinator Co-op - 4 months
What you’ll be doing
CIBC’s Security Operations Centre (SOC) manages the life cycle of Information Security. As a Co-op in this department, you’ll assist with ensuring that vulnerabilities within CIBC’s environment are being identified, tracked, and remediated, triaging information security alerts, monitoring security events, and investigations for potential security incidents by performing research activities. You will escalate events of interest to senior level investigators when appropriate, and provide assistance where required to the investigations team.
Details on your work arrangement (proportion of on-site and remote work) will be discussed at the time of your interview.
How you’ll succeed
- Incident Response - You will assist in the planning, coordination, and execution of incident response and containment activities
- Investigation Support – investigate information security events for potential security incidents. Provide support of information security and privacy incidents which may have potential impact to the organization.
- Security Technology/Process Support – Develop an understanding of security threats, provide triage process support to the review of security events. Highlight repeatable gaps and suggest areas of improvement (if necessary) as supported by management direction.
- Information Case Management –Maintaining investigation activities and outcomes in the case management software.
Who you are
- Cyber Security: You have an interest in the various aspects of cyber security and risk
- Problem Solving: You enjoy being presented with problems or issues and working with a team to find innovative solutions
- Communication: You have excellent verbal and written communication skills to effectively articulate ideas and opinions that involve analysis, interpretation, and assessment.
- Data analytics: You have the technical skills to review and evaluate data to find innovative opportunities and share with partners
- Organization: Your time management skills are strong and you are able to prioritize competing priorities to ensure successful outcomes.
- Creativity: You are curious and enjoy working in a team to visualize and design innovative solutions
- Values matter to you. You bring your real self to work and you live our values – trust, teamwork and accountability
What CIBC offers
At CIBC, your goals are a priority. We start with your strengths and ambitions as an employee and strive to create opportunities to tap into your potential. We aspire to give you a career, rather than just a paycheck.
- Our spaces and technological toolkit will make it simple to bring together great minds to create innovative solutions that make a difference for our clients.
- We cultivate a culture where you can express your ambition through initiatives like Purpose Day; a paid day off dedicated for you to use to invest in your growth and development.
Please note, we have multiple positions available under this posting and you may be considered by more than one hiring team
- This job posting closes on June 2nd at midnight.
- You are currently enrolled in a post-secondary program to be eligible, however, you do not need to be in a registered Co-Op program.
- Please include your resume (no more than 2 pages) and a cover letter (no more than 1 page).
- This is a 4 months co-op opportunity
What you need to know
CIBC is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide an accessible candidate experience. If you need accommodation, please contact Mailbox.firstname.lastname@example.org
You need to be legally eligible to work at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work or study permit.