Data Scientist Co-op
We’re building a relationship-oriented bank for the modern world. We need talented, passionate professionals who are dedicated to doing what’s right for our clients.
At CIBC, we embrace your strengths and your ambitions, so you are empowered at work. Our team members have what they need to make a meaningful impact and are truly valued for who they are and what they contribute.
To learn more about CIBC, please visit CIBC.com
CIBC’s Technology, Infrastructure & Innovation team is hiring for Winter 2023 Co-Ops!
What you’ll be doing
As a Data Scientist you will apply your knowledge and experience of data modelling to solve challenging business problems and bringing innovative solutions. You’ll interact with groups across the organization from client facing to operational, risk and capital markets. You’ll work with real world structured and unstructured datasets to produce end-to-end solutions, taking models from experiment to deployment. We collaborate with the most exciting new companies in the space of AI and machine learning, and engage in teamwork with leading academic researchers to promote the exchange of ideas and enrich our talent.
How you’ll succeed
- Data: You’ll extract, explore, and wrangle data from various sources/formats to appropriately prepare it for further study
- Problem solving: You’ll apply business-relevant statistical, machine learning, or deep learning approaches to solve business challenges
- Programming: You’ll have an opportunity to program data science applications that directly solve business challenges, considering infrastructure and end-use constraints
- Deployment: You’ll assist with the deployment of end-to-end data science applications
Who you are
- Developer: You have some experience coding with at least one scripting language, e.g. python and a statistical/analytics software tool such as R
- Data analytics: You have the technical skills to review and evaluate data to find innovative opportunities and share with partners
- Problem Solving: You enjoy being presented with problems or issues and working with a team to find innovative solutions
- Communication: You have excellent verbal and written communication skills to effectively articulate ideas and opinions that involve research, interpretation, and assessment.
- Process Improvement: You enjoy the process of reviewing current processes and identifying improvements that will optimize or improve standards
- Creativity: You are curious and enjoy working in a team to visualize and design innovative solutions
- Inspired: Your passionate about growing your knowledge and you know there is no limit to what you can achieve
- Teamwork: You care about people and understand different perspectives. You work well with others and learn from the experiences of others.
- Values matter to you. You bring your real self to work and you live our values – trust, teamwork and accountability
Please note, we have multiple positions available under this posting and you may be considered by more than one hiring team
- This job posting closes on October 2nd 2022 at 11:59 PM.
- You are currently enrolled in a B.S./M.S in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics or related quantitative field to be eligible, however, you do not need to be in a registered Co-Op program.
- Please include your resume (no more than 2 pages), a cover letter (no more than 1 page), and your most recent unofficial transcript with your application.
- Work Location: Toronto.â€¯Details on your work arrangement (proportion of on-site and remote work) will be discussed at the time of your interview.
- 4/8/12 months opportunities available
What CIBC Offers
At CIBC, our people are our greatest asset. You’ll become part of a diverse community that acknowledges
everyone’s unique talents, and empowers teams to do what’s right for the client, and to do it well. As part of
our team, you will:
- Thrive: Benefit from an open and approachable culture that provides the flexibility and support you need to integrate your life at work and at home
- Connect: Work in a place where the right technology and infrastructure fosters innovation, collaboration and creativity
- Develop: Grow your skills and career through our best-in-class onboarding experience, ongoing learning opportunities, individual development planning, and comprehensive product training
What you need to know
CIBC is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide an accessible candidate experience. If you need accommodation, please contact Mailbox.firstname.lastname@example.org
You need to be legally eligible to work at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work or study permit.
Toronto-81 Bay, 33rd Floor
Temporary (Fixed Term)
Analytics Software, Communication, Computer Science, Creativity, Customer Service, Data Analysis, Data Modeling, Data Science, Deep Learning, Development Planning, End-to-End Testing, Exploration, Machine Learning, Mathematics, Personal Development, Problem Solving, Researching, Statistics, Teamwork, Written Communication