Commercial Banking Associate Program, Alberta
We’re building a relationship-oriented bank for the modern world. We need talented, passionate professionals who are dedicated to doing what’s right for our clients.
At CIBC, we embrace your strengths and your ambitions, so you are empowered at work. Our team members have what they need to make a meaningful impact and are truly valued for who they are and what they contribute.
To learn more about CIBC, please visit CIBC.com
What You'll Be Doing
When you become a Commercial Banking Associate, you will be joining a team that for more than a century has been helping businesses reach their full potential. This is a great opportunity to work under the leadership of our Portfolio Managers in Commercial Banking.
In this role, you will begin a challenging and rewarding career as a world-class Commercial Banker and strategic partner to some of Canada’s leading companies. Through a structured and comprehensive training program that includes classroom and on-the-job training, you will have the opportunity to learn how to deliver flexible business solutions and provide dedicated and timely business expertise to help clients realize their goals.
The Commercial Banking team supports our account teams through client acquisition, relationship management as well as transactional support for client-specific financing solutions. As an associate on the team, you will have an opportunity to learn the products, processes, networks and functions to enable and equip you to eventually progress to the Relationship Manager role and oversee your own portfolio of clients.
As a Commercial Banking Associate, you will be assisting our Commercial Banking Managers with their existing clients' relationships as well as new financing transactions by providing quality financial and industry analysis as part of the deal team. You will also participate in all activities through the sales cycle in order to prepare you for the Relationship Manager role. You’ll have a chance to assist with business development initiatives with a focus on meeting growth targets. This means that you will work in identifying business opportunities and financing solutions to meet the needs of the client.
- This job posting closes on Sunday, October 2nd, 2022 at 11:59pm EST.
- You must be in your final year of post-secondary education pursuing a degree/diploma in Business, Finance, Accounting, or related fields with an expected graduation date in 2023 or have recently graduated in 2022.
- Applications should include your resume (no more than 2 pages) and cover letter (no more than 1 page) uploaded as 1 document to the “Resume/CV section” of the application.
- Work location: Roles available in Calgary and Edmonton. Must be available to work in-person at specified location.Exact location to be decided in interview.
- Start Date: 2023 – based on candidates' availability & business need. Start date will be decided during interview.
How you'll succeed
- Client Engagement - Connect on a personal level to make every interaction meaningful. Enhance relationships by collaborating with your team and providing administrative support to ensure client needs are met. Respond to requests by answering questions and providing an exceptional experience.
- Relationship Building - Heighten CIBC brand awareness in your community by attending local events and participating in marketing and outreach activities. Grow your network to create lasting connections that will generate future opportunities. Work closely with your team to connect clients with the right opportunities.
- Innovation - Make an impact by assisting in problem solving, finding solutions and often going above and beyond in assisting to find a resolution.
- Administrative Support - Maintaining compliance standards in client dealings/client files. Conduct administrative activities and engage in administrative processes associated with branch management.
Who you are
- Research is your thing! You enjoy analyzing business growth opportunities through comprehensive industry, client and prospect research. You also like taking that analysis and organizing it into support of credit submissions including structuring and documentation
- You enjoy building relationships by making an impact on your community and showing clients they are appreciated by engaging in marketing and outreach activities. You’ve been able to develop new relationships by getting referrals from existing relationships and centres of influence
- You enjoy collaborating with a team to come up with innovative solutions to a problem that will make a difference today and tomorrow. You also provide guidance on treasury best practices and cash management solutions that will best meet your clients’ needs.
- You consistently put the client first by proactively assessing your clients’ needs and proposing solutions to meet those needs. Your understanding of business and financial concepts allows you to provide “best in class” service and client/prospect proposals for financial and strategic solutions to meet client needs
- You embrace change and look to evolve your thinking and the way you work to deliver your best.
- Your solid understanding of financial statements and accounting principles includes valuation techniques and cash flow analysis. If you have a knowledge of commercial banking products and service offerings, that would be an asset.
- You are focused on meeting your goals and delivering your best efforts to make an impact on the client and the team.
- You want to bring your whole self to work so work for a company that acknowledges everyone’s unique talents, and empowers teams to do what’s right
What you will gain by being part of CBAP:
- You’ll begin your journey with Orientation Activities to help you get acclimated to the team and role and will equip you with the skills and knowledge to provide the best possible experience to CIBC clients – we know there’s a learning curve and we’re here to help.
- It’s hands-on, so you’ll get the real-life experience you need to rise to the challenge.
- You will complete a number of training sessions related directly to the role including credit structuring, risk assessment, and cash management.
- You will have ongoing coaching and mentoring from your leaders.
- You will be supported by a Program Manager who will lead virtual learning sessions, host touchpoints and guide Associates through this structured program.
- You’ll have an opportunity to develop a number of soft skills including business development, negotiation and networking.
What CIBC Offers
At CIBC, our people are our greatest asset. You’ll become part of a diverse community that acknowledges everyone’s unique talents, and empowers teams to do what’s right for the client, and to do it well. As part of our team, you will:
- Thrive: Benefit from an open and approachable culture that provides the flexibility and support you need to integrate your life at work and at home
- Connect: Work in a place where the right technology and infrastructure fosters innovation, collaboration and creativity
- Develop: Grow your skills and career through our best-in-class onboarding experience, ongoing learning opportunities, individual development planning, and comprehensive product training
- Prosper: Share in our collective success with a competitive salary, incentive pay, banking benefits, health benefits program, and employee share purchase plan
What you need to know
- CIBC is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide an accessible candidate experience. If you need accommodation, please contact Mailbox.email@example.com
- You need to be legally eligible to work at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work or study permit
Account Management, Business Opportunities, Client Acquisitions, Client Interactions, Creativity, Customer Engagement, Detail-Oriented, Financial Analysis, Negotiations, Office Administration, Relationship Building, Researching, Strategic Solutions, Teamwork, Time Management