Associate Investment Advisor, Wood Gundy (Commission Only)
We’re building a relationship-oriented bank for the modern world. We need talented, passionate professionals who are dedicated to doing what’s right for our clients.
At CIBC, we embrace your strengths and your ambitions, so you are empowered at work. Our team members have what they need to make a meaningful impact and are truly valued for who they are and what they contribute.
To learn more about CIBC, please visit CIBC.com
What You’ll Be Doing
As an Associate Investment Advisor, you will join CIBC Wood Gundy and be engaged in all marketing and business development activities which are designed to facilitate the accumulation of assets, by identifying, attracting and converting prospects into clients of the Team. The Associate Investment Advisor also deploys assets into suitable financial products based on the client’s risk/reward tolerances. You will proactively service clients and address investment related questions.
How You’ll Succeed
- Building relationships - Display high levels of interpersonal and relationship building skills in order to effectively network, prospect, and build strong and trusting client relationships.
- Investing - Develop investment plans and written proposals for prospects and clients. Analyze information/trends and apply it to individual client circumstances.
- Collaborating - Participate in seminars for clients and prospects, in collaboration with team members. Demonstrate well-developed, interactive presentation skills to convey both factual and conceptual ideas to clients
Who You Are
- Values matter to you. You bring your real self to work and you live our values – trust, teamwork and accountability.
- You're passionate about people. You find meaning in relationships, and surround yourself with a diverse network of partners. You build trust through respect and authenticity.
- You act like an owner. You thrive when you're empowered to take the lead, go above and beyond, and deliver results.
- You put our clients first. You have strong relationship building skills, and are able to problem solve client needs efficiently and effectively.
- You are educated. You have a university degree within a related field/Industry related designation and/or relevant experience.
- You’re a certified professional. You have current accreditation and good standing with the Canadian Securities Course and current Registered Representative status.
What CIBC Offers
At CIBC, your goals are a priority. We start with your strengths and ambitions as an employee and strive to create opportunities to tap into your potential. We aspire to give you a career, rather than just a paycheck.
- We work to recognize you in meaningful, personalized ways including a competitive salary, incentive pay, banking benefits, a health benefits program, defined benefit pension plan, an employee share purchase plan and MomentMakers, our social, points-based recognition program.
- Our spaces and technological toolkit will make it simple to bring together great minds to create innovative solutions that make a difference for our clients.
- We cultivate a culture where you can express your ambition through initiatives like Purpose Day; a paid day off dedicated for you to use to invest in your growth and development.
What You Need to Know
- CIBC is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide an accessible candidate experience. If you need accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact Mailbox.email@example.com
- You need to be legally eligible to work in Canada at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work or study permit
- CIBC is committed to doing our part to protect our team, our clients and our communities. We want to ensure we have a safe and healthy workplace, and we want to do our part to get through this pandemic. In keeping with this commitment, and as a condition of employment, CIBC requires all successful candidates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as of their start date, or provide written proof of a medical exemption, or other substantiated accommodation request under applicable human rights legislation
What you need to know
CIBC is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide an accessible candidate experience. If you need accommodation, please contact Mailbox.firstname.lastname@example.org
You need to be legally eligible to work at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work or study permit.
Laval-2540 Daniel Johnson
Accountable, Client Base, English Language, French Language, Interpersonal Communication, Presentations