Associate, Real Estate Finance - Large Corporate
We’re building a relationship-oriented bank for the modern world. We need talented, passionate professionals who are dedicated to doing what’s right for our clients.
At CIBC, we embrace your strengths and your ambitions, so you are empowered at work. Our team members have what they need to make a meaningful impact and are truly valued for who they are and what they contribute.
To learn more about CIBC, please visit CIBC.com
What You’ll Be Doing
CIBC Real Estate Finance Division focuses exclusively on providing financing to real estate companies on both an interim/construction and term basis across Canada. Our team is comprised of experienced real estate professionals with offices located in Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton Toronto, Ottawa, London, Hamilton and Montreal. We apply industry expertise to offer full-service financial solutions to real estate companies and users across Canada.
Details on your work arrangement will be discussed at the time of your interview.
How you’ll succeed
Through working with Relationship Managers on the Real Estate Large Corporate Team based in Toronto within CIBC’s Real Estate Finance Division, the successful candidate will gain experience in both real estate interim and term lending across a diverse range of asset classes and the management of key client relationships. High level responsibilities include:
- Financial statement and data analysis, financial modeling, industry research, preparation of information memoranda and assisting in the coverage of client relationships;
- Conducting in-depth company, industry and portfolio analysis supporting the credit relationships for a portfolio of clients;
- Assist in the on-going monitoring of the terms and conditions of approved credit arrangements and appropriately identifying any relevant changes in the financial condition or business of a client;
- Work with various teams and departments to complete the processing of loans and the opening of deposit accounts including signing authorities, non/negotiable securities and the review of cash management arrangements;
- Conducting due diligence and supporting senior professionals with regard to activities of many partners, including Capital Markets, Commercial Banking & Wealth Management and Credit Risk Management;
- Provide sound, timely and well-reasoned recommendations for credit facilities supported by thorough analysis and clearly articulated evaluation of risks and mitigants;
- Play a key role in the preparation of client proposals and pitchbooks and actively engage on business development call as required;
- Lead and conduct transaction due diligence;
- Ensure that the portfolio meets with appropriate risk management guidelines, including ensuring that credit expiries are maintained at or below targeted levels
Who You Are
- You have a Degree in Business, Finance, Economics, or related field
- You are a team player and have the ability to work well within a group setting. Must have the ability to work on teams that generate ideas and implement solutions for clients.
- You put our clients first. You have strong client and relationship management skills. You engage with purpose to find the right solutions
- You can demonstrate experience in financial statements and accounting principles in order to assess lending risk, with specific emphasis on the real estate industry.
- You're driven to succeed. You are motivated by accomplishing your goals and delivering your best to make an impact. You have strong client and relationship management skills, and can demonstrate an aptitude for business development (sales) skills
- Values matter to you. You bring your real self to work and you live our values – trust, teamwork and accountability.
What CIBC offers
At CIBC, your goals are a priority. We start with your strengths and ambitions as an employee and strive to create opportunities to tap into your potential. We aspire to give you a career, rather than just a paycheck.
- We work to recognize you in meaningful, personalized ways including a competitive salary, incentive pay, banking benefits, a health benefits program, defined benefit pension plan, an employee share purchase plan and MomentMakers, our social, points-based recognition program.
- Our spaces and technological toolkit will make it simple to bring together great minds to create innovative solutions that make a difference for our clients.
- We cultivate a culture where you can express your ambition through initiatives like Purpose Day; a paid day off dedicated for you to use to invest in your growth and development.
What you need to know
CIBC is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide an accessible candidate experience. If you need accommodation, please contact Mailbox.email@example.com
You need to be legally eligible to work at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work or study permit
CIBC is committed to doing our part to protect our team, our clients and our communities. We want to ensure we have a safe and healthy workplace, and we want to do our part to get through this pandemic. In keeping with this commitment, and as a condition of employment, CIBC requires all successful candidates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as of their start date, or provide written proof of a medical exemption, or other substantiated accommodation request under applicable human rights legislation.
Toronto-81 Bay, 10th Floor