Accountant - Wealth and Financial Planning Consultant
Assante Private Client, a subsidiary of CI Private Counsel LP and a CI Financial Company, provides portfolio management and wealth management advisory services exclusively through a national network of financial advisors. Focusing on high net worth individuals and families, the professionals at Assante Private Client offer financial planning, risk management, and estate and tax planning services to our clients, helping them simplify and enhance their lives.
POSITION: Accountant - Wealth and Financial Planning Consultant
LOCATION: Dorval, QC (H9P 2N4)
We are currently recruiting for an Accountant to join our Wealth Planning Group as a Wealth and Financial Planning Consultant. The focus of this senior planning role is to work with our field service team including tax accountants and lawyers as well as our Financial Advisors and our mutual clients, facilitating the production of various Wealth Planning reports (Financial Analysis, Risk Management, Tax and Financial Strategies, and Estate Planning) through our centralized Wealth Planning Group. Those who may find this role appealing would include an Accountant who prefers planning over compliance.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Build and strengthen relationships with advisors to ensure their satisfaction with the Wealth Planning services provided
- Meet with advisors and clients/prospects to assess the level of wealth planning support appropriate for each situation
- Meet with and collect data from advisors, clients and client's accountants and lawyers for the preparation of various wealth planning reports. Many clients who receive Wealth Planning support are successful business owners / high net worth families with in excess of $1 million invested with us
- Organize the data, complete wealth planning questionnaires and work with our central Wealth Planning Group, where the reports are prepared. A complex report consisting of several modules may be more than 100 pages in length with numerous recommendations. The Financial Planner then presents the report to the client and advisor, typically over a few meetings, along with the support of the tax accountants and lawyers on the field team on more complex files
- Manage and track file process and implementation by accounting and legal firms
- From time to time, may develop and deliver educational seminars to advisors related to Wealth Planning as well as respond to various questions on wealth planning strategies
- Same day travel around Quebec with the occasional overnight
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- Bilingual in both French and English, written and verbal
- University degree in business or related discipline, or equivalent experience
- An accounting designation is required
- Experience in a client or advisor facing role in a Financial Services or a Professional Services firm is a requirement
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Demonstrated excellence in client service
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to interact effectively with various types of positions (advisors, assistants, clients and external professionals)
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to understand and interpret financial/investment issues related to financial planning, wealth management and tax planning as well as financial statements and tax returns
- Strong analytical and problem solving abilities
- Experience with standard desktop software including Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Ability to effectively prioritize multiple tasks
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Knowledge of wealth planning concepts - financial analysis, insurance needs analysis, tax and financial strategies, and estate planning is an asset
If you are a passionate, committed and dynamic individual, please submit your resume in confidence by clicking "Apply Now".
Only qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
CI Financial Corp. and all of our affiliates ("CI") are committed to fair and accessible employment practices and we are committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require accommodations in order to apply for any job opportunities, or require this posting in an additional format, please contact us at email@example.com, or call 416-681-4747. If you are contacted by CI regarding a job opportunity or testing and require accommodation in any stage of the recruitment process, please use the above contact information. We will work with all applicants to determine appropriate accommodation for individual accessibility needs.