Underwriting Associate, Financial Lines
Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. The company is distinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and local operations globally.
The Underwriting Associate plays a critical role in the overall Customer Experience by supporting both internal and external customers in the administration and servicing of Private and Not-For-Profit Management Liability business.
- Support the underwriters in gathering and filing account information.
- Support the underwriters in renewal file preparation and documentation, including leveraging knowledge of financial statements to prepare a brief financial summary.
- Make recommendations to underwriters contributing to rating/quote strategies.
- Identify cross selling opportunities within the renewal portfolio.
- Prepare quote letters and support underwriters through the binding and issuance process.
- Respond to brokers on mid-term policy requests.
- Support the execution and documentation of program/alliance business.
- Collaborate with team members to achieve customer satisfaction, profit and goals.
- Consistently work towards differentiating Chubb’s service capabilities.
- Miscellaneous duties, as required.
- Completion of college diploma / university degree in a related field, and/or equivalent experience required.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Previous experience in insurance is considered an asset.
- Basic understanding of financial statements is considered an asset.
- Proven ability to solve problems independently and with success.
- Ability to respond as a team player, in a multi-task environment.
- Strong organization and time management skills with the ability to follow-up independently.
- Strong communications skills, both oral and written; bilingualism in English-French is considered a strong asset.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Experience with CUW/CSI Express/@vantage would be a benefit.
Please submit your application in confidence to:
Danielle Zucker-Levy, Senior Human Resources Manager
At Chubb we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants based on job-related qualifications and ability to perform a job. If you require an accommodation during the hiring process or upon hire, please inform Human Resources. If a selected applicant requests accommodation during the recruitment process, Chubb will consult with the applicant in order to provide suitable accommodation that takes into account the applicant’s accessibility needs.
For additional information about Chubb or its services, please visit our website at http://www.chubbinsurance.ca.