Technical Analyst, Information Technology (12 Month Contract)
Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. The company is distinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and local operations globally.
We are looking for a self-starter who is interested in learning our IT environment and developing a career in Technology. This role offers a tremendous amount of runway within our IT team. This is the ideal role for someone interested in advancement opportunities that will help them cultivate a career in Technology. Working conditions may at times be demanding, as you will have multiple problems to solve at once. You will apply effective communication, interpersonal, analytical, problem-solving, and customer-service skills to solve these problems quickly.
You must be able to work independently or in a team environment when deploying projects or resolving support issues. During a major outage, you will work alone or in a team environment until the problem is resolved. Candidates must have a high level of energy, desire to learn new skills, and enjoy interfacing with many users. You should be prepared to work flexible work hours and occasional weekend work, and possibly be on-call on a rotational basis.
- Provide 1st level application support of CHUBB systems.
- Provide 1st level support for hardware, networking and software issues.
- Provide team with technical expertise and offer advice and solutions to technical queries.
- Produce documentation to build and maintain knowledge base.
- Provide recommendations and solutions aligned with business objectives.
- Assist with translation of business requirements into solutions.
- Learn new software applications, hardware, networking, operating systems, and technologies as required.
- Open, update, and close incidents using the incident management system.
- Manage incidents through follow-up calls and e-mails to end users and support contacts.
- Perform additional duties as required.
- Completion of university degree (with focus on computer science, engineering or math) preferred.
- Working knowledge of SDLC methodologies.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Quick learner of new technologies and procedures.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Must be a team player.
- Demonstrated ability to mentor others.
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities.
In addition to the skills mentioned above, the following would be an asset:
- Hands on experience with VDI, Lotus Notes, Outlook, and VMware software
- One to three years of development experience
- Experience with MS SQL 2005 and 2008
- Some exposure to Powerbuilder 12.5 or any other programming language
- Previous experience in the Insurance industry
At Chubb we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants based on job-related qualifications and ability to perform a job. If you require an accommodation during the hiring process or upon hire, please inform Human Resources. If a selected applicant requests accommodation during the recruitment process, Chubb will consult with the applicant in order to provide suitable accommodation that takes into account the applicant’s accessibility needs.
TalentEgg will send your application to: email@example.com