Senior Underwriting Associate, Financial Lines
Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. The company is distinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and local operations globally.
The Senior Underwriting Associate supports internal customers in the administration of Publically Traded Management Liability business, with the potential to independently manage a portfolio of renewals.
- Support underwriters in gathering and documenting account information.
- Leverage knowledge of financial statements, news, and third party data feeds to prepare risk reviews as part of the underwriting file preparation process.
- Make recommendations to underwriters contributing to rating/quote strategies
- Identify cross selling opportunities within the current portfolio.
- Quote preparation.
- Collaborate with team members to achieve customer satisfaction, profit and goals.
- Consistently work towards differentiating Chubb’s service capabilities.
- Miscellaneous other duties, as required.
- Completion of university degree / college diploma in a related field, and/or equivalent experience required.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Previous experience in insurance, with Bloomberg, and/or Capital IQ is considered an asset.
- Understanding of financial statements and a strong analytical ability are considered strong assets.
- Proven ability to solve problems independently and with success.
- Ability to respond as a team player, in a multi-task environment.
- Strong organization and time management skills with the ability to follow-up independently.
- Strong communications skills, both oral and written; bilingualism in English-French is considered an asset.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Experience with CUW/CSI Express/@vantage would be a benefit.
Internal candidates should advise their manager before applying.
At Chubb we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants based on job-related qualifications and ability to perform a job. If you require an accommodation during the hiring process or upon hire, please inform Human Resources. If a selected applicant requests accommodation during the recruitment process, Chubb will consult with the applicant in order to provide suitable accommodation that takes into account the applicant’s accessibility needs.
TalentEgg will send your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org