Multinational Underwriting Associate (12 month contract)
Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. The company is distinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and local operations globally.
As Multinational Underwriting Associate for Chubb Canada, you will independently manage a book of business issuing locally admitted policies on behalf of Chubb foreign offices. You will act as a consultant guiding global underwriting staff on Canadian insurance products while liaising with brokers to ensure timely and accurate delivery of insurance policies as part of controlled master programs.
- Review and process new lines, renewals, endorsements and cancellations via MAX requests received from foreign offices
- Proactively manage a book of business to ensure service level commitments are achieved.
- Act as a consultant to global underwriting staff, service coordinators and brokers on Canadian contracts, wordings, endorsements & exclusions
- Liaise with brokers, underwriting staff and service coordinators to ensure the timely and accurate delivery of Canadian underlyer policies
- Document and file all relevant correspondence
- File set-up and maintenance including updating Apollo, Genius, & filing all policy documentation as required.
- Actively participate in strengthening Canadian service capability
- Additional miscellaneous duties as required
- University degree, or College diploma, or equivalent insurance-related education is required
- Exceptional communication skills; bilingualism in English-French is considered an asset
- Experience working with legal contracts and/or insurance wordings, exclusions & endorsements
- Displays a meticulous attention to detail
- Proven ability to solve problems and work independently
- High degree of technical knowledge attained in current job
- Commitment to continuous improvement and organizational development
- Ability to respond as a team player, in a fast paced multi-task environment
- Strong organization and time management skills, with the ability to follow-up independently
- Previous experience in the insurance industry would be considered an asset
At Chubb we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants based on job-related qualifications and ability to perform a job. If you require an accommodation during the hiring process or upon hire, please inform Human Resources. If a selected applicant requests accommodation during the recruitment process, Chubb will consult with the applicant in order to provide suitable accommodation that takes into account the applicant’s accessibility needs.
TalentEgg will send your application to: email@example.com