Human Resources Assistant
Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. The company is distinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and local operations globally.
The role will focus on a variety of administrative tasks to support the ongoing business initiatives including but not limited to, campus recruitment, learning and development, communications and HR administration. It will also provide back up to other HR department roles, including roles related to HR Operations such as payroll related matters.
- Supports campus recruiting initiatives as required, in the areas of job posting preparation, resume responses, recruiting scheduling, background checks, and maintenance of campus recruiting files and material.
- Assists with tracking, monitoring, and reporting HR data in the areas of campus recruitment and learning and development
- Provides organizational support for Learning & Development initiatives
- Provides organizational support for HR Communication work and initiatives
- Processes tuition reimbursement/education expense requests
- Provides first level of support to employees on HR policy questions, including Education Assistance Program, CARE program, Scholarship Program, etc.
- Develops a thorough understanding of Chubb Canada’s employee value proposition and career paths and is able to clearly communicate this to job candidates
- Independently responds to external or employee inquiries, by providing verbal or written information, and involve other HR resources, as required, to resolve issues.
- Is conversant with the HRIS system and effectively utilizes it for data management and reporting
- Assists HR Manager by tracking changes and staying informed of changes in employment and HR regulations
- Performs accounts payable entry for items related to campus recruitment, learning and development, branch initiatives
- Provides general HR administrative support, maintain employee files, performing filing, respond to general correspondence, schedule appointments, make travel arrangements, etc.
- Performs special projects or researches items as requested.
- Participates in HR team based work assignments such as special events, branch initiatives etc.
- University undergraduate degree.
- Certification in HR, completed or in progress considered an asset.
- Absolute degree of confidentiality and high degree of comfort surrounding confidential information
- Strong proficiency in all Microsoft Office based application, such as Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- Eagerness to take initiative and demonstrates a desire to learn, acquire new knowledge, and deepen technical expertise
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and a comfort in dealing with internal and external contacts.
- Strong time management and organizational skills. Ability to maintain a high service orientation and manage tasks effectively, in a multiple priority and fast paced environment.
- Acts as a team player and collaborates within own team and across the company, helping others where needed.
- Demonstrated strong communication skills, verbal and written.
At Chubb we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants based on job-related qualifications and ability to perform a job. If you require an accommodation during the hiring process or upon hire, please inform Human Resources. If a selected applicant requests accommodation during the recruitment process, Chubb will consult with the applicant in order to provide suitable accommodation that takes into account the applicant’s accessibility needs.
TalentEgg will send your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org