Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. The company is distinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and local operations globally.
The Financial Accountant will be responsible for applying accounting principles in conjunction with the Company’s accounting procedures in order to prepare accurate and timely financial reports on an ongoing basis. The Financial Accountant will critically self-review his or her own work and processes to ensure that outcomes are both efficient and accurate. The successful individual will be self-motivated and require minimal supervision. The individual will have strong communication and interpersonal skills, and enjoy working in a team environment, where collaboration is a prized attribute. The successful candidate should have a minimum of 3-4 years’ experience gained primarily in a financial services environment during which a CPA designation was obtained. Experience working within the Property & Casualty insurance industry would be considered an asset but is not mandatory.
- Analyze various pieces of information and reports, and prepare resultant journal entries to ensure the Company correctly accounts for both routine and ad-hoc transactions;
- Take ownership for assigned accounts/areas of reporting. Understand process flows, inputs, outputs and prepare associated GL reconciliations. Address reconciling items in a timely and accurate manner;
- Assist with the preparation of the Company’s quarterly reporting obligations, including preparation of various working papers and reports, including ownership of specific reports and deliverables;
- Liaise with stakeholders across the department and throughout the business, as required, to ensure accurate financial reporting outcomes;
- Independently respond to special and ad-hoc requests, proactively seeking out resources as required to resolve issues.
- Completion of University degree in a relevant field, combined with a CPA designation;
- 3 - 4 years of accounting experience, ideally within financial services;
- A strong understanding of the finance function, accounting principles, accounting processes and internal controls;
- Strong analytical abilities combined with a good business sense;
- Ability to perform varied and complex tasks independently;
- Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with others, including flexibility and interest in helping others where needed;
- Ability and desire to thrive in a dynamic and changing environment, meeting new challenges with a positive and proactive attitude;
- Strong time management skills and attention to detail;
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
At Chubb we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants based on job-related qualifications and ability to perform a job. If you require an accommodation during the hiring process or upon hire, please inform Human Resources. If a selected applicant requests accommodation during the recruitment process, Chubb will consult with the applicant in order to provide suitable accommodation that takes into account the applicant’s accessibility needs.
TalentEgg will send your application to: email@example.com