Claim Support Specialist - 12 month contract
Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. The company is distinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and local operations globally.
The Claim Support Specialist will provide support and administrative assistance to the Claims Department. Contact is with both internal and external stakeholders, primarily with adjusters, brokers, insureds, and vendors.
- Fielding incoming calls, emails, physical mail to the Claim Contact Centre which include general inquiries, processing of new claims reported and acting on items within authority.
- Providing initial guidance on new claims process and communicating to insureds expectations and future steps to be taken, as well as sending out acknowledgement letters.
- Assigning files based on severity and maintaining assignment log.
- Acting as SME and main point of contact in managing Infosys relationship on day-to-day basis.
- Adjusting inventory of low exposure claim files to resolution.
- Updating watch list and other claims and financial tracking tools.
- Providing claims updates on behalf of department to underwriters, brokers, insureds, and vendors.
- Assisting with Mitsui files, as needed.
- Responding to daily task assignments from adjusters within larger Claims Department to complete various administrative tasks, as assigned.
- Assist with the auto/property salvage process.
- Managing reimbursement process for follow-ups.
- Acting as liaison and first point of contact for auditors.
- Assistance with Claims Bordereau management.
- Completion of post-secondary university or college program and/or equivalent experience required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to take initiative in solving problems independently.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to follow-up independently.
- Ability to respond as a team player, in a multi-task environment.
- Must possess an aptitude for technical, detail-oriented work.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure.
At Chubb we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants based on job-related qualifications and ability to perform a job. If you require an accommodation during the hiring process or upon hire, please inform Human Resources. If a selected applicant requests accommodation during the recruitment process, Chubb will consult with the applicant in order to provide suitable accommodation that takes into account the applicant’s accessibility needs.
TalentEgg will send your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org