Chubb Associate Program - Property & Casualty Risk Engineer
Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. The company is distinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and local operations globally.
ABOUT CHUBB ASSOCIATE PROGRAM:
Chubb is looking for an aspiring insurance professional with a Bachelor’s Degree to join our Chubb Associate Program. As the industry leader in Property & Casualty insurance, Chubb is an employer of choice for a student aspiring to develop a meaningful career in a fast-paced, diverse company. This is a full-time position and a compelling opportunity to join a global, growing, financially stable and successful company.
We have designed our Chubb Associate Program to hone your skills and talents and help you reach your career goals. By joining the Chubb Associate Program, you will be part of an experience that supports the well-rounded development of critical business skills which in turn contributes to the future success of our company. Our blended program is designed to include hands-on business assignments in a variety of disciplines, interactive classroom instruction, team assignments and direct interaction with other early career professionals as well as with many of our senior executives. As part of this program you will receive:
- Challenging assignments and the opportunity to contribute to the result of a team;
- Business training unique to a career at Chubb;
- Technical training to deepen your skill level within your chosen discipline; and an understanding of our broader industry;
- Interpersonal effectiveness training to help you gain strong communication and interactive skills;
- Access to additional training to compliment your professional development.
We are excited about and committed to the Chubb Associate Program because we believe that we are developing talented professionals with the potential to become Chubb’s leaders of the future.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
Property/Casualty Risk Engineer – Trainee
We are currently seeking applicants for a Property & Casualty Risk Engineer (PCRE) Trainee position. The PCRE professional operates within the Risk Engineering Department and is considered an integral component of the valued added services that we provide for our commercial insurance policy holders. We welcome both recent university graduates and those looking to make a career change into risk engineering and insurance.
The PCRE Trainee position is part of an entry-level training program that begins with an overview of the Chubb organization, while also developing a progressive knowledge and understanding of the property and casualty
insurance industry. In tandem with your business and insurance acumen development, you will also develop basic interview, report writing, and risk evaluation skills as you work to attain an understanding of the Risk Engineering role within Chubb.
Risk Engineering is a critical service that we provide for our commercial insureds. As a PCRE professional, you will be responsible for preparing surveys for current or prospective accounts, which include comprehensive reports to identify hazards and potential loss-producing exposures and a thorough evaluation of controls in place or those that are recommended/ required. PCREs visit existing accounts to check on recommendations, evaluate changes in exposures, and/or provide risk improvement services. Reports, letters and surveys are written in accordance with loss control guidelines. This position often involves direct interaction with our insureds and brokers; strong marketing and communication skills are critical to success.
Additional PCRE responsibilities include:
- Completing client reviews and evaluations in support of our underwriting departments, allowing for more informed decisions to maximize profit and growth
- Accomplishing client service and close collaboration with clients on the identification and control of claim trends and property casualty related exposures. Providing clients with training on safety program improvements and exposure control techniques such as accident investigation, safety committee development, plant inspection programs and property conservation.
- Building and maintaining productive relationships with internal and external customers, including clients, underwriting and service teams, claims, and agents
- Bachelors in Engineering or Science
- Technical training in inspection, engineering, quality control or manufacturing is highly desirable as is experience with industrial, mechanical and electrical equipment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Consultative, sales and marketing skills
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to interact and build relationships with all levels of internal and external contacts
- An aptitude for evaluating, analyzing, and interpreting technical information
- Strong PC skills including; Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Proven ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Must demonstrate a high level of initiative and leadership skills
- Excellent time management, problem solving and organizational skills are required
- An ability to adapt to new ideas and situations
- An ability to develop creative approaches to solving customer problems
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Ability to work independently
- Willingness to travel
- 1-2 years manufacturing/insurance experience an asset but not required.
At Chubb we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants based on job-related qualifications and ability to perform a job. If you require an accommodation during the hiring process or upon hire, please inform Human Resources. If a selected applicant requests accommodation during the recruitment process, Chubb will consult with the applicant in order to provide suitable accommodation that takes into account the applicant’s accessibility needs
TalentEgg will send your application to: email@example.com