Business Solutions Associate Commercial Insurance (12 month contract)
Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. The company is distinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and local operations globally.
The Business Solutions Associate will support our Commercial Insurance business in Canada and work directly with the Business Solutions Manager on a broad range of tasks and strategically important functions. The Associate will also work on assigned projects and act as a technical resource to the team.
- Manage and assist with the Commercial Insurance business unit’s underwriting tasks
- Maintain underwriting systems to ensure proper management of prospective clients by Canadian underwriting teams; analyze activity and provide actionable insight to CI management
- Work in Chubb systems to identify quality and scope of risk as it relates to Catastrophe-exposed property and communicate with Risk Engineering on site survey needs as well as compliance with survey recommendations
- Create, analyze and present reports for CI management team on rate frequency and rate magnitude; highlight areas of opportunity
- Contribute to ongoing Commercial Insurance underwriting project needs; identify business opportunities
- Independently problem-solve using high level analysis and consideration for all internal and external stakeholders
- Completion of University degree (or equivalent work experience)
- Well organized, with high degree of initiative and endurance in order to prioritize, multi-task, maintain flexibility and ultimately meet and exceed deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Proven computer savvy and experience performing analytical/quantitative activities in spreadsheet/database types of software applications.
- Intermediate to expert skills in Microsoft Excel, including formulas, pivot tables, and macros.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and other Microsoft products.
- Strong problem solving and aptitude for evaluating, analyzing and interpreting information.
- Strong organizational and project/task management skills.
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal; bilingualism in English-French is considered a strong asset
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Self-motivated and multi-tasking ability.
- High level of responsiveness and efficiency when working with internal and external stakeholders
- General understanding of the insurance business
- Working knowledge of Chubb systems (Tracker, CUW, CMR, MIS, @vantage, GuidePoint) would be an asset
At Chubb we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants based on job-related qualifications and ability to perform a job. If you require an accommodation during the hiring process or upon hire, please inform Human Resources. If a selected applicant requests accommodation during the recruitment process, Chubb will consult with the applicant in order to provide suitable accommodation that takes into account the applicant’s accessibility needs.
TalentEgg will send your application to: email@example.com