Governance and Corporate Services Coordinator
Careers that make a world of difference!
When you make a decision to work with Christian Children’s Fund of Canada (CCFC) you’re not just doing something great for your career, you are also saying you care about positively impacting the lives of children, their families and communities around the world. We know there are lots of career options for talented, top performers like you, but not many offer the opportunity to make a lasting difference. CCFC is currently recruiting for the following full-time position: Governance and Corporate Services Coordinator.
The Governance and Corporate Services Coordinator provides administrative and project support to the Chief Operating Officer (COO) and Directors within the Corporate Services team to achieve organizational objectives. Corporate Services encompasses Finance, Internal Audit, Information Technology, Human Resources, Facilities & Procurement. The position provides some support to the Fund Development & Communications (FD&C) team. The position provides technical and coordination expertise in meeting the requirements for board governance, as well as, provides administrative, logistical and information management support to the Governance & HR Committee and the Audit and Risk Committee. The position serves as primary back-up to the Executive Assistant of the CEO position.
This role includes, but not limited to:
- Primary support to the COO e.g. expenses, meeting set-up and coordination, budget support, reports, presentations, correspondence, etc.
- Support the Director, Finance and the Director, Internal Audit, and Director, People and Culture e.g. coordinate meetings, draft TOR documents, compile audit reports, etc.
- Support the Audit and Risk Committee (ARC) and the Governance & HR Committee
- Work with the COO to review governance processes; maintain the Governance Manual and work plan
- Lead logistical support to the Board sub-committees for all meetings and execute meeting minutes; support effective business flows, including forward agenda planning and ensuring follow-up of actions from meetings
- Ensure compliance of Board Resolutions with each Country Office (CO); authentication of documents as per each CO
- Process expenditures, cheque requisitions and create purchase orders in Intacct for Corporate Services
- Monthly reconciliation of credit statements
- Coordinate travel arrangements and schedule for Corporate Services and FD&C
- Annual filings for provinces: ON, QC, MB, BC, AB
- Renewal of Imagine Canada accreditation; on-going update of relevant material
- Create the new employee orientation schedule in consultation with the hiring manager and HR for Corporate Services and FD&C
- Assist in maintaining relevant policies and procedures for Corporate Services
- Assist in annual budget preparations
- Maintain an effective filing system for Corporate Services; update the master contracts index for CCFC
- Special project support and coordination
- eVillage (corporate intranet) maintenance for Corporate Services and FD&C
- Support to Facilities - follow procedures for incoming mail, when needed
- Serves as back-up support to the Executive Assistant to the CEO position e.g. logistics support with the quarterly board meetings and Annual General Meeting
- Comply with all CCFC policy and procedures
- Other related duties as assigned
- Completion of a post-secondary diploma/degree;
- 3- 5 years’ related work experience as an administrator/coordinator to management positions or equivalent related experience;
- Knowledge, experience and/or interest of governance processes and of financial operations is an asset;
- Strong organization and time management skills: excellent attention to detail; proactive in organizing projects and the ability to manage multiple assignments simultaneously;
- Coordination of meeting preparations including organizing, equipment, setup, taking minutes and hosting external visitors;
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate internally and externally, network, collaborate, and build relationships effectively;
- Business writing skills and the ability to draft correspondence and reports;
- Experience managing confidential information and documents;
- Strong research and analysis skills;
- Advanced computer skills, specifically in MS Office - Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and MS Project; experience using custom databases is an asset;
- Experience with the accounting software Intacct is an asset;
- Flexibility to work outside of regular business hours, as needed;
- Valid driver’s license and occasional availability of own vehicle for business use;
- Ability to speak and/or write in either French or Spanish will be considered an asset;
- Demonstrated commitment to CCFC's Vision, Mission and Values.
Attributes, Traits and Behaviours:
- Accountability for results; self-driven;
- Adaptability to multi-task in an environment with changing demands and competing priorities;
- Confidentiality, sensitivity, diplomacy and tact;
- Demonstrate innovation in reviewing and applying new methods to the performance of work;
- Proven team player; service oriented attitude and behaviour;
- Commitment to continuous learning and improvement.
CCFC offers competitive paid time-off benefits and a comprehensive group benefits plan, including health/dental, life insurance, disability, EAP and company-match RRSP.
If you believe you have that unique combination of a not-for-profit heart combined with the skills and interest for the Governance and Corporate Services Coordinator position, then you will want to apply for this opportunity by going to CCFC's Careers website: www.ccfcanada.ca/about-us/careers
Scroll down to the section: “View career opportunities available at CCFC”.
Search under Job Title for " Governance and Corporate Services Coordinator ". Follow the application process stated on the specific job posting, you will be required to complete a very brief questionnaire and submit your résumé and covering letter.
If you experience any issues with the application process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
CCFC is not accepting recruitment agency/firm referrals.
Applicants must be legally eligible (at this time) to work in Canada.
Consistent with our Child Safeguarding Policy, the successful candidate must receive clearance by a Canadian criminal record check.
CCFC is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer.
CCFC is committed to providing workplace accommodations. If you require an accommodation, inform us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
We thank all applicants for applying, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.