2023 Supply Chain International Summer Intern
Chick-fil-A is in the business of serving our guests great food and remarkable service. Family-owned and privately held, our company and our local independent franchised Operators are devoted to serving the local communities in which we operate, while offering great-tasting food made with quality ingredients — including the Original Chick-fil-A Chicken Sandwich. Today, Chick-fil-A restaurants serve great tasting food to millions of guests every year, in more than 2,600 locations in the United States, Canada, and Puerto Rico.
The International Intern Program exists to bring cultural exposure and influence to Chick-fil-A as we build our brand in new markets. As an International Intern at Chick-fil-A, you will contribute to our growth through challenging and meaningful work. You will build cross-cultural competency as you work on impactful projects, immerse yourself in our unique culture, and experience the city of Atlanta.
This is an 11 week position at Chick-fil-A’s Support Center in Atlanta, with an anticipated start date in late May 2023.
The Supply Chain International Intern will have the opportunity to:
- Formally document and gain insight of the global competences of our current supplier network
- Engage with our current supplier partners to understand their production capabilities by compiling data of their manufacturing plants, DC locations, services and products offered globally
- Conduct estimated COGS analysis to help identify cost savings opportunities and the most cost effective lanes of supply for new market expansion
- Understand general market information (trade restrictions, unique attributes to consider, supply chain strategies, industry contacts/referrals, etc.)
- Undergraduate junior or senior returning to school Fall 2023 majoring in Business Administration, Supply Chain, Logistics, Int’l Business, Project Management, or related technical field
- Analytical background with strong problem-solving capabilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Power Point)
- Strong technical skills in data management and visualization tools (i.e., Tableau, Qlik Sense)
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Aptitude for quickly learning new programs (i.e.,24Tracc, Salesforce)
- Self-directed and active team player
Minimum Years of Experience
Required Level of Education
Supply Chain, Business Management, or other related major