Administrative Assistant-Fund Development, marketing/Communications
This position is full-time, 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday, from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm. Base office: Aurora, ON
Reporting to the Director of Development, Marketing & Communications, you will provide administrative support in the following areas:
- Process donation thank you letters and reports; and manage donor, contact and referral database
- Provide support for fund development initiatives such as direct mail campaign, special events (some after hours and weekend work may be required)
- Manage day to day inquiries and daily administration duties
Marketing and Communications
- Coordinate events, both internal and external and assist with gathering of marketing/presentation materials for staff attending events/presentations. Take photos as required
- Prepare information packages, etc., as required
- Assist with design/production of marketing materials
- Liaise with designers, printers, ad reps, and promo item suppliers regarding drafts, price quotes and ordering.
- Maintain and update contact lists, databases and e-distribution lists.
- Distribute marketing materials and maintain distribution records.
- Assist with ensuring branding and messaging consistency throughout the organization.
- Assist with website updates
- Maintain CHATS’ social media presence (Facebook-Instagram-Twitter-LinkedIn)
- Training in office administration, combined with 3 years’ experience in supporting Fund Development and Marketing and Communications environments.
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency in MS Office, fundraising database (Raiser’s Edge), Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Experience in events coordination.
- Strong organizational skills, multi-tasking capabilities, attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated initiative, professionalism and problem-solving capabilities
- Ability to take direction and work independently
- A valid Ontario driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle are required for this position.
- You must be flexible in working after office hours &/or week-ends, to accommodate special events
CHATS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Accommodation will be provided to individuals with disability, upon request
If you are seeking an opportunity to demonstrate your passion for excellence in supportive work environments,
we’d like to hear from you!
Apply online: www.chats.on.ca/careers
CHATS is a not-for-profit organization launched in 1980 by a caring group of community members who believed in enhancing the independence of seniors living at home. Today, CHATS enhances the health, wellness and independence of more than 8,100 York Region, Bradford West Gwillimbury and New Tecumseth seniors and caregivers each year, through a full range of in-home and community services provided by a dedicated team of 300 staff and more than 500 volunteers.