Youth Worker - Cameray Child & Family Services
Youth Worker: Temporary Contract Position (October 2019 to May 2020)
To assist the Activity Coordinator with the transition program for elementary students (ACTS Program) in the coordination of mentors and support with the program activities.
- 1 position for 12 hours per week - 3:00pm to 7:00pm Tues, Wed and Thurs.
- $19.06 per hour
- To start October 15, 2019
Key Responsibility Areas:
- Assists in the planning, organization, implementation and evaluation of community based recreational and social activities to meet client needs i.e. Homework Clubs.
- Encourages and facilitates client participation in activities, provides guidance and instruction where necessary.
- Helps clients around skill-building (life skills and social skills) and models appropriate behaviour.
- Helps ensure the safety of the clients. Responds to emergencies in accordance with established policies and guidelines.
- Whenever required, assists in maintaining records and procedure reports.
- Help coordinate mentors for activities.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Experience working with children and youth.
- Courses or training around working with children and youth in a recreational setting.
- Cameray Child and Family Services is an equal opportunity employer.
- Successful applicants are subject to a criminal record check. We thank all applicants for their interest. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Please email interest to email@example.com by September 30, 2019