Youth Pre-placement Supervisor / Developer - JVS Toronto
JVS Toronto is a registered charity in the social services sector providing career and employment services. Our employees make a difference affecting local communities by connecting jobseekers to employment and helping employers build their workforce in Toronto and York Region. The Toronto Youth Job Corps program helps vulnerable youth gain sustainable employment through skill development and life skill training. A 5-week pre-employment training, assessment, and simulated work environment leads to a 16 week subsidized job placement, with the goal of securing full time employment. In this role staff typically coordinate the simulated work environment component to provide participants with an opportunity to build workplace skills, monitor their performance, and provide feedback and coaching prior to job placement. https://www.jvstoronto.org/find-a-job/youth-employment-services/
Are you looking for meaningful work where you can make a noticeable difference in peoples’ lives? JVS Toronto will provide you with the opportunity to advance your career and give back to our community. To reward employees’ hard work, JVS Toronto offers a paid vacation allowance, health, vision, & dental benefits, an employee assistance program (EAP), and corporate discounts.
Youth Pre-placement Supervisor/ Developer, Job ID #7019
Toronto Youth Job Corps
Full-time / 1 year contract with possibility of renewal / Starting ASAP / Jane & Finch
We’re looking for someone who will:
- Instruct and supervise youth on group based community projects, including Paint Sites, where youth will work as a team completing different projects for non-profit organizations in the community
- Effectively coach youth in the areas of positive work habits, such as attendance, taking direction, problem solving, working in a team, and peer leadership as it relates to employer expectations and job maintenance while encouraging, supporting, and highlighting participants strengths
- Identify and secure potential Paint Sites or community projects with non-profit organizations for client work experience opportunities. Prepare and complete work contracts with organizational Management
- Assesses safety and functionality of community projects, order equipment, and transfer supplies from site to site to assist youth with preparation of the project needs
- Maintain accurate inventory of supplies and equipment; ensure they are stored appropriately and in proper working order
- Instruct youth on Paint Site projects with painting techniques, minor plaster and sanding work, equipment maintenance, and health and safety protocols with emphasis on WHMIS regulations
- Maintain complete, updated files, case notes, and documentation on Salesforce
- Assist with job coaching including, but not limited to, job search support, placement monitors, and pre-employment workshop facilitation as required
Flexible hours / evenings / weekends may be required for this position.
Minimum Qualifications & Experience:
- College diploma in a Social Services or related program. International education must be evaluated for Canadian equivalency.
- 1-2 years of experience supervising and coaching youth in a workplace setting
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to deal effectively with youth from different cultural/racial backgrounds and/or with special needs
- Current working knowledge of employment-related issues
- Knowledge of WHMIS and applicable health and safety regulations
- A high level of sensitivity and tact developed through education and experience
- Effective verbal and written communication skills; ability to prepare and write reports to agency standards
- Computer literate; the ability to learn systems used by the agency (i.e. Salesforce)
- Valid Ontario driver’s license and access to a vehicle as travel is required for this position
- A clear Police Vulnerable Sector check is required for this position
Our ideal candidate will also have:
- Youth employment/community services knowledge and exposure
- Painting experience and knowledge of commercial painting
- Strong leadership skills
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resume & covering letter here.
JVS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. If you require accommodation in order to submit your application, please contact JVS directly.
Our agency embraces diversity and encourages all qualified candidates to apply.
We thank all applicants for their interest in our agency, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.