Youth initiative coordinator - DisAbled Women's Network (DAWN) / Réseau d'action des femmes handicapées (RAFH) Canada
DAWN Canada’s mission is to end the poverty, isolation, discrimination and violence experienced by women with disabilities and Deaf women in Canada.
We are seeking a passionate, skilled, creative, independent and dynamic candidate. We are looking for someone to join our team who believes in girls, young women and gender non-conforming youth with disabilities/Deaf youth as powerful agents of change and their ability to transform lives and communities.
Working in collaboration with DAWN Canada’s Director of Youth Initiatives, the Youth Coordinator will oversee the implementation of all aspects of our different youth projects including Girls Without Barriers, Youth the Future and Promoting the Leadership of Young Racialized Women with Disabilities projects which will include maintaining and developing partnerships, participating in the advancement of research, and providing high-level logistical, training and administrative support.
This is a full-time contract position.
- Assist with overall coordination of youth programs;
- Collaborate and maintain established relationships with key stakeholders and partners on various youth projects; including with but not limited to Girls Without Barriers, Youth the Future and Promoting the leadership of young racialized women with disabilities and Livelihoods project partners
- Coordinate logistics and administration for workshops and projects activities;
- Assist in the organization, coordination and delivery of workshops on topics such as ableism and intersectionality to groups of youth;
- Coordinate for the submission of timely grants and submit progress reports to funders;
- Represent and participate in meetings on various committees;
- Foster the development of partnerships with disability and/or feminist youth-led organisations.
Education: College degree in disability studies, gender studies social science or other training and/or experience deemed relevant.
Experience: Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience
- Highly ethical
- Problem-solver, solution-oriented
- Team player
- Good public speaking and presentation skills
- Excellent communication;bilingual, sign language is a plus
- Exceptional understanding of concepts like ableism and intersectionality, preferably from a lived-experience approach
- Strong writing skills;
- Exceptional organizational and planning skills;
- Self-starter with a hands-on approach;
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment with minimal supervision;
40 000$ - 50 000$
How to Apply
Please submit your C.V. with a cover letter and references to Rainbow Charbonneau, Human Resource Coordinator: email@example.com before Mai 5th 2021at 5pm.
We thank all candidates who apply for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
DAWN is an equal opportunity employer.
As an employer who values diversity in the workforce, DAWN Canada encourages candidates to self-identify as members of a marginalized group when applying for this position. We encourage, among others, Black, Indigenous and women of colour, with disabilities and Deaf, identifying as LGBTQIA2+ and/or immigrants to apply.