Youth & Family Counsellors (Therapists) - Frontenac Youth Services
Youth and Family Counsellors II (YFC II) will work with families and youth to promote change and growth within the family, home, school and community. The YFC II will conduct assessments to determine treatment recommendations. Using a variety of theoretical frameworks the Youth and Family Counsellor will provide a combination of family, individual and group therapy for clients.
Qualifications/Conditions of Employment:
- Master’s Degree in social work or a relevant discipline (i.e. psychology, counselling, education)
- Must be registered and in good standing with an appropriate professional regulatory college (e.g. Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers, the College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario, the College of Psychology).
- Training in Crisis Intervention, Brief Services, Risk Assessment, and Cognitive and Dialectical Behavioural Therapies are considered assets.
- Training in Suicide Risk Assessment and Support is an asset.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in children’s mental health and experience providing crisis intervention with children, youth and families is preferred.
- Travel is required for this position, a valid class G Ontario driver’s license, access to a reliable vehicle and an acceptable driving record.
- Knowledge of KIDS/interRAI assessment tools is an asset
- Satisfactory Criminal Reference Check with Vulnerable Sectors Screening and Pre-Employment Medical.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently.
Flexible Work and Evening Work is required for these full-time permanent positions.
We thank all applicants, however only applicants to be interviewed will be contacted.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) a request for accommodation will be considered throughout the hiring process.