Youth Care Worker - Multiple Positions - The RAFT
Youth Care Workers are responsible for delivering services and providing supervision, monitoring and support to clients in a 24/7 youth hostel and resource centre. There are multiple contract positions available including full time, part time and relief roles. Shifts will vary. May include weekend and overnights
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide on-site supervision, monitoring and support to youth.
- Provide crisis intervention, support and counselling to youth as required.
- Assist with the preparation of meals and coordinate cleanup activities with youth participation.
- With youth participation, ensure the facility is maintained in a clean and safe condition and that it is properly stocked at all times.
- Assist youth in accessing the food cupboard and emergency supply cupboard.
- Prepare monthly statistical reports and billing summaries.
- Prepare clinical records and reports.
- Ensure a supportive clinical milieu is maintained at all times and follow the code of ethics.
- Liaison with service providers including Regional and FACS after-hours workers as required.
- Support and promote activities for independent living with the youth.
- Perform routine maintenance functions and assist with nightly chores as assigned.
- Respond to emergency calls and process after hours admissions as required.
- Conduct routine rounds and monitor the safety and security of the building.
- Responsible for maintaining the safety and security of the building. Reports unsafe situations and conditions to Team Leader. Take immediate steps to rectify unsafe conditions and ensure the safety of staff and clients.
- Certificate in social service or child care program with completion in a college level diploma program or university degree program in the field of psychology, social services or corrections.
- Experience in working with street youth.
- Knowledge and experience in crisis intervention.
- Excellent communication and organization skills, as well as analytical and problem solving skills.
- Preference for Emergency First Aid, CPR and Nonviolent Crisis Intervention certificates.
- Criminal Reference Check to be attained by applicant, at own expense.
HOURS OF WORK
Will vary based on role, may include weekend and overnight.
Interested candidates are invited to email a resume and cover letter Kelly@theraft.ca