WLC Instructor (4 Openings) - Woodview, Mental Health and Autism Services
INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL POSTING
Title: Instructors (4 openings in total) (WLC (2 openings) and WLC School Readiness Program (2 openings)
10 month full time Contracts from August 26, 2020 to June 25, 2021
Reports to: Woodview Learning Centre Program Manager
Location: Head Office, 69 Flatt Road, Burlington, ON
Application deadline: August 10, 2020 by 5pm
Start Date: August 26, 2020
Resumes to be sent to email@example.com (Note Job Title in the subject line)
- An understanding of the abilities, needs and challenges for students with ASD.
- An understanding of effective instructional strategies and behaviour management techniques to assist children with ASD.
- Knowledge of the Ontario Curriculum and grade level expectations.
- Knowledge of the principles of Applied Behaviour Analysis obtained by special training (Bachelor Degree or Diploma)
- Professional experience working with children with ASD.
- The ability to support, manage and effectively work with behaviourly challenged students with ASD in a classroom and community environment (working in groups ranging from 3:1 to 1:1 ratio).
- The ability to implement an established and comprehensive Individual Education Plan (IEP) that states clear and measurable performance goals for individual students.
- The ability to assess, evaluate and modify the goals and prescribed practices within the IEP to ensure student success.
- The ability to assess student performance and maintain up-to-date and accurate records of individual student performance and development.
- The ability to develop and deliver a program that conforms to the Ontario Curriculum guidelines.
- Assist clients with all aspects of personal care, promote client safety, assist with transitions and provide support.
- The ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- The ability to communicate effectively with staff, students, parents and community resources.
- A high level of energy, commitment, flexibility and enthusiasm.
- Degree or Diploma from a recognized university or community college in the field of Autism Spectrum Disorders, Behavioural Sciences, Psychology, CYW, Education or equivalent.
- Specific professional knowledge of and experience working with individuals with ASD.
- Minimum 6 months practical/applied experience in the field of ABA or IBI.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience and excellent driving record to drive students to different outings.
- Valid G license and dependable car mandatory (F license an asset).