Volunteer Social Media Specialist - Project iRISE
· This is an unpaid volunteer opportunity, and as a Social Media Specialist you will be required to contribute between 5 to 10 hours per week
· Social Media Manager must be willing to attend the meeting in EST Time zone and be responsive to emails within 36 hours.
· Project iRISE welcomes volunteers who are seeking a skill-based volunteering opportunity. Project iRISE shall provide a "letter of recommendation" to interns, students & professionals who demonstrate outstanding contribution for university credit and/or for professional references.
Project iRISE is a newly formed survivor-led, community-based initiative. We are committed to raising awareness and helping women who have been impacted by sexual exploitation and gender-based violence. Our primary objective is to educate and empower at-risk young women and survivors by providing education, mentorship, and skills development to obtain meaningful and sustainable employment.
Learn more about us: https://www.projectirise.org/
- Working with the Executive Director and project team to coordinate and implement the organization's social media presence on digital platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
- Ensuring all social media messaging is conveyed clearly and delivered properly including proofreading all social media content.
- Creating interesting and exciting content for social media users that relate to and promote the agency’s programs, services, mission, vision and values.
- Building brand awareness and engagement rates and seek out and develop emerging platforms that can help us grow our customer base and brand.
- Incorporating measurement tools, analytics and reporting methods to gauge success and determine how to refine/define campaign best optimize performance.
- Developing a presence in different online communities, spaces, and forums and identifying new strategies for online engagement (i.e. website updates and blog development).
- Managing the current Google Drive folder of operational documents. Assist in developing procedures & documents for the organization.
- Committing to weekly meetings with the Executive Director to analyze and plan the social media strategy.
- Bachelor's degree completed, or currently enrolled in the Master's degree program or comparable work experience (at least 4 years or more full time paid corporate/non – profit work experience).
- Extensive experience with social media and internet navigation.
- Excellent reading, writing and communication skills.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision
IIf this opportunity interests you, and you meet all of the above requirements, please submit your resume and a cover letter to:
*We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted