Volunteer Director - Board of Directors (Fundraising) - hEr VOLUTION
Director - Board of Directors (Fundraising) & Chair of the Fundraising Committee
hEr VOLUTION is inviting passionate individuals from a diversity of sectors who align with our mission and vision to consider serving on the Board of Directors as a Fundraising Professional and Chair of the Fundraising Committee. This is a unique opportunity to participate in a new and innovative not-for-profit and help shape the strategic future of the organization as well as influence and mentor young women in Ontario. Please note you must be an Ontario resident to be eligible for this position.
Our mission is to encourages girls and young women young women who are facing multiple barriers to pursue STEM based careers and promotes stakeholder's involvement in the support of STEM education in Canada.
Our vision is to raise awareness and value placed on STEM education for girls and young women in Canada.
Above and beyond living the mission and values of hEr VOLUTION and being a supportive member of the board, the Chair of the Fundraising committee will be responsible for:
- Committing to a 3 year term
- Attending monthly board meetings and the Annual General Meeting
- Actively support and promote hEr VOLUTION’s mission and vision
- Working with fellow board members to create the strategic sponsorship and donor plan for FY2020 to FY2023
- Executing the strategic plan by approaching businesses, local authorities, trusts and individuals to secure funding
- Organizing and helping with fundraising activities such as sponsored, promotional, or donation events, house-to-house and street collections
Recommended skills, requirements, or training for the role
In addition to previous volunteer experience and experience fundraising in the non-profit market, the nomination to Chair of the Fundraising committee will be most successful if they:
- Have a strong understanding of how funding and donations help keep organizations running
- Have experience building and executing strategic sponsorship and donor programs and fundraising campaigns
- Feel comfortable in sales and negotiation environments
- Are able to communicate effectively to senior corporate audiences
- Have experience and skill with social media and have a successful track record with past fundraising efforts by directly raising funds for non-profits with positive outcomes
- Have the ability to build and maintain professional relationships and a donor network
- Are creative thinkers and able to solve problems
About our Board of Directors
The major responsibility of the hEr VOLUTION Board are to support the organization in an advisory role. Our Board is a working board that works in close relationship with the Executive Directorship and operates in a strictly non-operational capacity. We meet approximately 11-12 times per year and expect a volunteer commitment of 5 to 10 hours per month. In addition, all of our Board members are engaged in fundraising for the organization and assisting in the sharing of events and thought leadership via social media. Meetings occur in person and via web conference so in person attendance is always encouraged but not required. We seek good representation on our board from a variety of backgrounds and experiences.
Please note hEr VOLUTION strives for an inclusive and diverse Board Members to represent the community it serves.
Deadline to apply: August 1, 2020
Board member selection announcement: Immediately
Start date: As soon as the selected candidate is available
Term: Three (3) years. Each director is eligible to serve for a maximum of two (2) consecutive terms.
Before sending your CV and letter of interest, we invite you to reflect upon our key organizational values, as well as our foundational principles and make sure they comfortably align with your own values. More information can be found at www.hervolution.org.
Please send CV and letter of interest via Charity Village to the attention of the Nominating Committee. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs. Thank you.