Volunteer Coordinator - Invictus Games 2025
Volunteers will play a huge role in the success of the delivery of the Invictus Games and the shared journey of recovery for Competitors and their Family & Friends. In February 2024, as part of the One Year To Go celebrations, we will be launching our volunteer recruitment for the 1600 Games-time volunteer positions needed from Feb. 6-17, 2025. We are seeking a dedicated and organized Volunteer Coordinator to join our team. The Volunteer Coordinator will be responsible for recruitment, onboarding, training, and supporting volunteers who play a vital role in delivering a world-class Games. The successful candidate will have excellent communication skills, a passion for serving WIS (wounded, ill and sick) service personnel, and the ability to work collaboratively and instill a sense of inclusion with a diverse group of people.Key Areas of Responsibility
- Recruit volunteers in Vancouver and Whistler, promoting volunteer opportunities through various channels including online and community outreach.
- Support in the development of volunteer job descriptions, opportunities and training.
- Conduct volunteer orientations to introduce and engage volunteers to the Invictus Games 2025’s mission, values, and policies.
- Provide ongoing training and support to volunteers to ensure they have the necessary skills and knowledge for their roles.
- Match volunteers with appropriate roles based on their skills, interests, and availability.
- Maintain regular communication with volunteers, addressing their questions, concerns, and needs.
- Supervise and evaluate volunteer performance and provide feedback.
- Ensure that volunteers feel valued and appreciated for their contributions.
- Maintain accurate records of volunteer information, hours worked, and activities performed.
- Prepare regular reports on volunteer program activities and impact.
- Work with community engagement team to maintain relationships with community organizations, schools, and other potential volunteer sources.
- Represent IG25 at community events and outreach activities.
Qualifications & Skills
- 2+ years' experience in large-scale events workforce coordination.
- Volunteer database experience, including scheduling tools such as Rosterfy considered an asset; experience with Smartsheet is also an asset.
- Excellent organizational and time-management abilities.
- Proven ability to assess situations and requirements, identify problems and create/propose workable solutions.
- Proven project coordinator capability and ability to execute plans and allocate resources accordingly to prioritize work to meet competing deadlines. Flexibility to attend evening and weekend events and to travel between communities (Vancouver & Whistler).
- Passion for or understanding of the Invictus Games mission and/or the military.
- Fluency in French (verbal and written) an asset.
- We do our best to contact all applicants on the status of their application.
- Successful applicants can expect to receive an invitation to a 15-minute phone call within 8 business days of their application.
- Please note that applicants must already be eligible to work in Canada until February 28, 2025.
- As part of our commitment to safety, the selected candidate will be required to complete a Criminal Record Check.
The Invictus Games 2025 is an equal opportunity employer. The diversity of our team is at the core of our success. Our organizations goals include to directly improve Veteran employment, to respond to TRC's Calls to Action with focus on 90, 91, 92, and to build on wider movements such as #WeThe15. We actively seek to promote a workplace culture that fosters mutual respect, collaboration, and open communication among all employees.