Volunteer Board of Directors - Science Borealis
Science Borealis is seeking volunteers for our Board of Directors
This is an exciting time at Science Borealis! Our organization is evolving along with the Canadian science communication landscape and we are currently seeking new member(s) to join our Board of Directors.
We are a volunteer-run online network focused on Canadian science and science communication, and are in the process of developing a new strategic plan to build on our work to date and to become an even stronger voice in promoting Canadian science. The successful candidate(s) will play an important role in shaping the future of our organization!
- Attend bimonthly Board meetings via teleconference and the Annual General Meeting (AGM)
- Actively participate in strategic planning sessions
- Provide oversight, direction, and advice to the Core Management Team
- Actively engage and build strong partnerships with external organizations
- Assist with acquiring sponsorship
- Approve annual budget and ensure all legal and fiduciary responsibilities are met
- Proven familiarity with the science communications landscape in Canada
- Experience in academia and research, or industry professional (i.e. journalism, science policy, science communication, working with STEM groups in some capacity)
- Proven experience with fundraising and procuring sponsorships; grant writing experience is an asset
- Experience working in a non-profit environment is strongly preferred
- Prior Board experience is an asset
- Ability to collaborate and work effectively within a team of professionals
- 3-year term
- 5 hrs per month
How to Apply
If you are interested in shaping the future of Science Borealis please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your cover letter please tell us why you think your experience makes you the ideal candidate and how you would contribute to the future of our organization.
Friday August 14, 2020