Volunteer Board Member (Fundraising Committee Chair) - Heartache2Hope
Heartache2Hope is a leader in suicide loss grief support. We offer a continuum of high-quality supportive services for suicide loss grievers. We are redefining suicide loss grief support services to help individuals heal from traumatic loss, building resilience and a fulfilling life. We are a small organization that has been supporting suicide loss grievers in Halton, Hamilton, Peel and surrounding regions since 2014. To find out more about our organization, please visit: https://heartache2hope.com/
Duties and responsibilities of the Fundraising Chair
Strategic Leadership and Planning: Work in conjunction with the board and executive director to develop and to maintain a fundraising development and management strategy. Will also lead a collaborative fundraising team to ideate, prioritize, develop and implement a comprehensive strategy with fundraising targets and a diverse mix of funding sources.
Development: Responsible for building a team that will focus on the creation and development of a one to three-year fundraising plan. Will also be tasked with partnering with the Finance Committee in developing effective administrative systems to track grants and donations.
Implementation: Leads and provides guidance to the Fundraising committee with the execution of fundraising strategies and campaigns, implementation of plans, education of committees / volunteers and all organization stakeholders.
- Execute fundraising campaigns
- Research and identify sources of funding from a diverse mix of sources (grants, corporate, individuals, etc.)
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with major donors including identification, cultivation and solicitation of major donors.
- Developing and tracking proposals and reports for all foundation and corporate fundraising
- Coordinate and execute grant writing, and grant proposal development and execution
- Lead donor communications - email, direct mail, social media, phone calls, in person meetings and presentations in cooperation with the Marketing / Communications Committee.
- Support stakeholders in the execution of annual funding plans and initiatives
- Lead gift processing and record management
- Engage and recruit volunteers to assist with execution
- The Fundraising Committee and the Board of Directors each meets on a monthly basis
- Board member terms: 2 years
- Passion and commitment to the organization’s mission and strategic directions
- Prior experience in fundraising
- Advanced project management skills
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail
- Budget Administration experience
- Experience securing cash or gift-in-kind donations from donors
- Comfortable delegating work projects while maintaining oversight
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Prior non-profit board experience preferred
- Direct Leadership experience preferred
- Volunteer and / or non-profit management experience preferred
Please send CV and letter of interest via Charity Village to the attention of the Nominating Committee. Thank you.