Vocational Rehabilitation Consultant - Agilec
Agilec is looking for dedicated, self-directed team members. We offer an excellent work environment and company benefits. Our mission is to help people and organizations develop their potential. The foundation of Agilec is our values. We have identified six core values that form our approach to serving clients, customers and each other:
Person Centered, Inclusiveness, Empowering, Team, Excellence, Integrity
Position: Vocational Rehabilitation Consultant
Status: Part-time, Permanent
Address: 1900 City Park Drive, Suite 100, Ottawa, ON K1J 1A3
Role Summary: The Vocational Rehabilitation Consultant provides employment counselling to people with disabilities; conducts vocational assessments and labour market analyses; develops and implements individualized action plans and, provides case management services.
Education: Completed undergraduate in relevant field from a recognized Canadian Institute, or its equivalent, and;
- Required: Certification, eligibility, or completion of one or more of the following: CVRP, CCRC, RRP, CVE, CCVE, CDMP, CRWC and maintain professional membership and credentials
Experience: Minimum three years’ experience working collaboratively in Vocational Rehabilitation, both public and/or private sector.
- Fluently bilingual in French and English essential (written and oral communication)
- Able to work with diverse group of participants, establish rapport quickly and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to write detailed assessment and progress reports, including research and analysis of data
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Effective communication, comprehension, and active listening skills
- Interviewing skills, adjusting communication style dependent on participant personality and learning style
- Ability to assimilate financial, medical, psychological, vocational and social details.
- Solution focused counselling skills
- Able to discuss barriers and employment maintenance issues with clients
- Conflict resolution skills
- Ability to motivate and empower others through counselling and positive feedback
- Intermediate user of Microsoft Office Suite (i.e., Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Time management, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to coach and facilitate change
- Knowledge of disabling conditions and accommodations
- Understanding of rehabilitation, careers and occupations, various job requirements, job search skills, career planning and rehabilitation systems.
- Understanding of psychology and human behaviour
- Understanding of rehabilitation tools
- Understanding of counselling, vocational rehabilitation and employment theories and practices
- Community and government resources available to clients
- Local and provincial labour markets
- Ethical decision-making
- LTD/STD, Legal, and WSIB work experience
Hours and Duration:
- Part-time hours per week (subject to change)
- Current Hours of Operation: Monday to Friday 8:30 a.m. until 4:30 p.m.; and Wednesdays open until 7:00 p.m.
- Will be required to travel within or outside of regular working hours to meetings and community events, training, seminars, or to work in other locations
- If use of personal auto is required at any time, then valid driver’s license is required; supplemental business insurance may be required.
Hourly Rate: Vocational Rehabilitation Consultant pay scale applied.
How to Apply: Please submit a cover letter and resume by e-mail to the attention of Lisa Manwell, Team Leader at firstname.lastname@example.org Please place VRC – “Your Last Name” - Ottawa in the subject line of your email.
Closing Date: September 19, 2019 at noon
Agilec welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. We accommodate disabilities during the selection process.
We thank you for your interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.