Video Producer (13-month contract) - Children Believe
Careers that empower young dreamers
When you make a decision to work with Children Believe you’re not just doing something great for your career, you’re helping empower children around the world to access education, pursue their dreams and be a voice for change. We know there are lots of career options for talented, top performers like you, but not many offer the opportunity to help children dream and live fearlessly. Children Believe is currently recruiting for the following position: Video Producer (13-month contract)
Reporting to the Director, Strategic Communications, the Video Producer is an energetic, organized and highly creative professional, responsible for contributing to the growth of the Children Believe brand by producing and distributing videos and other digital content.
This role includes, but not limited to:
- As a valued member of our fast-paced and experienced team of communications professionals in Canada and abroad, the Video Producer is responsible for managing Children Believe’s video communications efforts aligned to our brand and campaigns, donor engagement and the influence strategic priority, including idea generation, producing creative briefs, acquiring raw video assets, editing and distributing video content across Children Believe channels, and contributing to social media engagement
- Curate and manage Children Believe’s video assets
- Keep up-to-date on industry trends to inform the direction of Children Believe’s video content and style
- Manage a content calendar for video, ensuring a variety of content and consistent delivery
- Work within brand guidelines and voice, while bringing new vision and creativity to the organization
- Contribute towards the implementation of Children Believe’s social media strategy by providing support to the social media team, as required
- Implement innovations and best practices in video as they relate to media and donor engagement, social media engagement, events, and online marketing
- Support the building of an audience experience that gives supporters a reason to come back every day
- Collaborate with the Fund Development and Communications team and designated communications people in our country offices to maximize quality video and multimedia content and ensure content alignment, relevancy and maintenance as per the annual content calendar, annual business plans and three-year strategic plan
- Proof content for consistency and accuracy and maintain Children Believe brand standards in a supportive role
- Play an active role in social media and website brainstorming to enhance the online donor experience
- Be mindful of search engine optimization (SEO) activities to align with social media platforms
- Ensure compliance with legal and ethical standards of CRA, CMA, PIPEDA, CCS, and Imagine Canada’s Ethical Fundraising Code
- Exercise a “think outside the box” approach when solving issues and/or supporting objectives for projects and campaigns in the traditional and digital media spaces and campaigns
- Perform design work (e.g. creating and updating images, etc.)
- Report on day-to-day management of projects (pulling reports, trafficking reports to key stakeholders, publishing to dashboard)
- Perform other related duties as assigned
The ideal candidate possesses:
- Relevant post-secondary degree;
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in video production and digital asset management with demonstrated skills in creating, developing, testing and maintaining relevant online video channel, ex. YouTube;
- Strong storytelling skills, ability to convey complex ideas through video to engage an online audience;
- Demonstrable experience with current online and social media tools;
- Solid understanding of graphic design tools and software;
- Expertise in video editing for online and social, including relevant software (Adobe Premiere Pro, Final Cut Pro, After Effects, etc.);
- Experience with Content Management software (Joomla, WordPress, Posterous, Medium, Contribute, SharePoint) and operating systems (Windows and iOS);
- Strong Microsoft Office skills;
- Ability to prioritize goals and lead vendor resources to achieve goals;
- Ability to learn and adapt to other software applications as required;
- Facility to stay abreast of, understand and assess constantly changing video and online applications;
- Ability to monitor and report on activity performance ;
- Project management skills (including budget creation and analysis);
- Ability to speak and/or write in either French or Spanish will be considered an asset;
- Graphic design skills will be considered an asset;
- Demonstrated commitment to Children Believe’s Vision, Mission and Values.
Attributes, Traits and Behaviours:
- Accountability for results; self-driven;
- Enthusiasm and proven ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with frequently changing demands and competing priorities;
- Confidentiality, sensitivity, diplomacy and tact;
- Demonstrate innovation in reviewing and applying new methods to the performance of work;
- Collaborative team player; service oriented attitude and behaviour;
- Commitment to continuous learning and improvement.
If you believe you have that unique combination of a not-for-profit heart, combined with the skills and interest for the Video Producer(13-month contract) position, then you will want to apply for this opportunity by going to Children Believe's Careers website: https://childrenbelieve.ca/about-us/who-we-are/careers/
Select the button: “Find Career Opportunities”.
Search under Job Title for " Video Producer(13-month contract)". Follow the application process stated on the specific job posting, you will be required to complete a very brief questionnaire and attach your résumé and covering letter.
If you experience any issues with the application process, please contact us at email@example.com
Children Believe is not accepting recruitment agency/firm referrals.
Applicants must be legally eligible (at this time) to work in Canada.
Consistent with our Child Safeguarding Policy, the successful candidate must receive clearance by a Canadian criminal record check.
Children Believe is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer.
Children Believe is committed to providing workplace accommodations. If you require an accommodation, inform us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
We thank all applicants for applying, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.